Is this true?

DCC

Ill have a double order of jealousy with a side of walking on eggshells....with a large glass of whine;-) (jus havin fun;-) :P :P

To me, Stevie playing in ES pit is a whole lot different than Maynard Fergueson or Doc Severinson stepping in to play the brass solos throughout someones show.

But if a corps could swing it, more power to em. b**bs

I played with CRU years ago and Stevie :rolleyes: used to step in to play shows and no one complained at all. B)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes:

Now that is a new one....The REAL question is this:

Would Steve be playing with the major contending corps from his old 'hood', or would he be playing with the corps of which he is an alum?

I wonder why it would be unfair to have a 'pro' playing in either a line or the pit, or isn't Joey Pero considered one now that he plays for Maynard?

After all this time, there certainly could have been any number of professional horn players in any number of corps..I guess that a drummer as famous as Steve Gadd makes a difference, or does it?

Pat

:P

the only problem I have with this is that I am paying X amount to be in teh corps, and part of what I am paying is paying someone ELSE to play with us...........is it "fair"...no.......do I like it? No............doe sI realize it happens in many corps? you betcha!

As a paying customer this year..who cares..Entertain me and "Blow my face off" with quality of course. Good luck to all the corps and performers at the DCA showdown!!

Aldo

Ponder this ....if you will.............If your instructors (brass/percussion/etc. and arrangers are being paid by (corps' X) and perform with (corps' X) and are a member of (corps' X) .....isn't that the same thing? If not..............why?

Nothing unfair about this at all. All the power to them if this actually does happen. It would be one heck of a treat for the fans, especially the ones that know or know of Steve Gadd. I know if this is true I will definitely be checking it out for sure. Steve Gadd is an incredible musician and I'm a big fan of his.

OK, Stu.... you found out.... I am, in fact, on loan from the New York Ballet. Yes, the Renegades pay me handsomely to march. Thanks for paying your dues.

That is all.

Seriously folks.... we have alot of professional musicians and dancers in our corps. Professional meaning they get paid to play their instrument. Some of them even make a living playing their instruments. Oh sure, you probably haven't heard of them....maybe they're not big names. Maybe they're just paid to play their instrument in a Starbucks somewhere. or maybe they just own a dance studio in some strip mall in a sleepy suburban town, .... so do we make rules that getting paid to play your instrument is ok, as long as you're not a well known musician? As long as you've never been on the tonight show? As long as you don't have a recording deal? As long as you're paid in increments of bills minted in cities you've never been to? I mean..... isn't this silly?

Do we start making other "fairness" rules? Do I think it's fair that most of the other guards in senior corps have an average age half that of the Reneguard? How about soloists that do not march? Surely it's easy to hit all those notes if you havent expended yourself on the field. What about a drummer with only one arm?