You may not have liked it, but seeing as it has not been done before (right?) it more than qualifies as innovative.

buuuuzzzzzzzz. . . .thank you for playing.

Perhaps in a very narrow view (i.e., you only consider the drum line). Horn lines have sung parts rather than play them. Cavies horn line vocalized parts that were more precussive than melodic. Cadets just amped their parts. Amped vocals were not new. JUst having a hard time seeing how the drum speak was terribly innovative. Perhaps you could shed some light.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-A show you can watch 50 times and never see the same product...

-Drumspeak

-Drill seperating gaurd and horn/drumline

-Most descript storytelling of DCI history

-Original music that....works...

I will Admit what bothers me about some Cadet fans (note Fans) is that everything cadets do is Innovative when its been done before.

DrumSpeak . I guess if you mean Amped yes. Didn't BD's whole Corps do that just recently.

Orginal Music that... works.. So Cavies Original music that won Championship didn't

Not Knocking the Cadets. They executed the show very well and they deserve to win.

After watching it a few times I am startig to get it. Sucks that it takes some of us slower folk a FEW viewings to get it but hey that is Drum Corps today I will adapt.

Perhaps in a very narrow view (i.e., you only consider the drum line).  Horn lines have sung parts rather than play them.  Cavies horn line vocalized parts that were more precussive than melodic.  Cadets just amped their parts.  Amped vocals were not new.  JUst having a hard time seeing how the drum speak was terribly innovative.  Perhaps you could shed some light.

By definition alone, some of the things they did this year had not been done before in the way they performed it, thus making them innovative. Noone said innovation had to be something everyone liked.

Innovation in four parts....with a door! ^OO^

You may not have liked it, but seeing as it has not been done before (right?) it more than qualifies as innovative.

Sigh. Google 'Mona Shores", band-meister. It clearly 'had' been done before - just not as well.

I will Admit what bothers me about some Cadet fans (note Fans) is that everything cadets do is Innovative when its been done before.

I'm trying to find where someone said that everything the corps did was innovative.

-A show you can watch 50 times and never see the same product...

-Drumspeak

-Drill seperating gaurd and horn/drumline

-Most descript storytelling of DCI history

-Original music that....works...

Did you see it fifty times already ??? How silly, and still that subjective to the person watching it, hardly an inovation.

Drum speak ?? In a show, not the only one to try it this years and drummers have been doing that for years.

How is it the most descript storytelling in DCI history ??

Original music that works to do what ?? for who ?? when ?? how is that inovation ?? I think Suncoast Sound had original music that worked too....back in 1985.

~G~

Not bashing Cadets...I really liked their show.

I was under the impression that only the last movement was original music...and even that was based on Barber's Medea, so it wasn't completely original.

Also, I have seen drill for years separating the guard from the other marchers.

It was a great show and it was creative, but so were a whole lot of shows. The judges picked the correct winner obviously, but there's an awful lot of people who seem to want us all to worship this show.

Guess you arent a drummer, we've been doing it in practice for decades. And hardly inovative unless ten corps do it next year, oh wait, maybe because the Bluecoats.....who did it first ??

Bzzzzzz, no answer required, moot point.

~G~

By definition alone, some of the things they did this year had not been done before in the way they performed it, thus making them innovative.  Noone said innovation had to be something everyone liked.

High school. Been there. Done that. I guess Mona shores was really inovative since it made an imression on the Cadets as they chose to copy it, huh ??

~G~