....on behalf of The Kilties.

bill

I would just like to state how incredibly amazing it was to be in the stands when Kilties performed their show the second time with such passion. I think I speak for everyone when I say that took more strength than I've ever seen in a corps. You guys pulled through and did something wonderful. Congrats and love from your friends in Chops, Inc.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would just like to state how incredibly amazing it was to be in the stands when Kilties performed their show the second time with such passion. I think I speak for everyone when I say that took more strength than I've ever seen in a corps. You guys pulled through and did something wonderful. Congrats and love from your friends in Chops, Inc.

Thank you for putting into words the sentiments we all feel.

Your friends in Drum Corps'

The Erie Thunderbirds

I would like to say on behalf of the Sunrisers, our hearts go out to the entire Kiltie family, and the Magnuson Family. Certainly a very depressing and romantic way to enter the Great Drum Corps in the sky. I personally feel excited in grim way that he could go in one of the greatest ways possible. It's also ironic that the sunriser show is about a beating heart. My corps, just waiting outside the gates, knew that the pulse of the show was definately Lothar's. Watching over the rest of corps as they competed.

I've met Joel only a few times, and he is certainly a character. I didnot really know all the specifics of who it was or what exactly happened, so when i got back to my home, i called a friend in wisconsin, who is a close friend of Lothar's and kiltie, and she told me all the details. This is the first chance i've had to send my condolences.

Wea Winnea Bea Daunted

I as well as all of the Brigadiers would like to send our condolences. Lothar will be missed, and we in Drum Corps as well as the Kilties have lost someone incredibly special. He will never be forgotten, and will always be honored everytime the Kilties take the field.

On behalf of the New York Skyliners, we would like to send our condolences to you all. We were waiting outside the gate prior to your second performance and we were extremely touched by the power and emotion that you all put into that show. I can't even imagine how difficult that had to be. I'm sure Joel was looking down on the performance with a smile on his face.

We pray that soon the sadness in your hearts will be replaced by happy memories of Joel.

Your Friends in Drum Corps

The New YOrk Skyliners

How terribly tragic that this had to happen. Here is a verse that has helped me to cope with the loss of several loved ones. I hope it helps.

WHEN I MUST LEAVE YOU FOR A LITTLE WHILE.

PLEASE DO NOT GRIEVE AND SHED WILD TEARS

AND HUG YOUR SORROW TO YOU THROUGH THE YEARS,

BUT START OUT BRAVELY WITH GALLENT SMILE,

AND FOR MY SAKE AND IN MY NAME,LIVE ON AND DO ALL THINGS THE SAME,

FEED NOT YOUR LONELINESS ON EMPTY DAYS,

BUT FILL EACH WAKING HOUR IN USEFULL WAYS,

REACH OUT YOUR HAND IN COMFORT AND IN CHEER

AND I IN TURN WILL COMFORT YOU AND HOLD YOU NEAR;

AND NEVER ,NEVER, BE AFRAID TO DIE,

FOR I AM WAITING FOR YOU IN THE SKY.

My deepest sympathy to Joel's family and Kiltie family

Sharon~Empire Statesmen Prop crew

I am the Captain for the Renegades Honor Guard. I was standing around watching the shows waiting for our corps to arrive when I heard the news that a drum corps family member had gone down. I then heard that he had passed so my husband and I immediately went over to the corps members to console them.

We hugged some of the Kiltie members for a while and let them know that we were there for them. I cannnot imagine the grief that they all must be feeling but knowing that he went doing what he loved best is a blessing.

As I have always said in Drum Corps "we are family first ! and we take care of each other no matter what.

On behalf of the the Renegades Honor Guard, our thoughts and prayers are with the Magnuson family and the Kilties family.

Corky, Chris and Jon (Reynolds :(

With deepest regrets on the loss of Joel "Lothar" Magnuson goes out to the KILTIES and Joel's family....... As I "checked the sheets" for the Crusaders in the tabulation room at the top of the stadium and watched in shock the horrible tragedy that occured before my eyes, I just signed off and returned to my wife and then to my corps and hugged everyone realizing life is just too fragile........

May God Bless the entire Kiltie Family and Magnuson family in their loss......from your drum corps brothers and sisters in the Rochester Crusaders! :huh:

Ive mentioned this to a few friends and most of my fellow Kilts, but thought it was somthing I should put here.

During warmup, before prelims, I was talking to Lothar, and he mentioned not feeling well.

We have all at sometime or another gone out and played the show, in a state of not so good health, wether it be sprains, pulled muscles, various levels of feeling like crap, so I look to the sky and kind of jokingly say out loud "Oh Sweet Goddess of Love and Beer, Help our friend Lothar, feel better.... at least till after the show."

Lothar looks at me and chuckles, and smiles with that bright cheshire cat grin of his, and says, " Ya know, if I die on the field or right after the show, at least Ill go out doign what I love."

There was sincerity in his voice when he said this, that could not be hidden by the laugh and smile as he said it. all I could say is "#### yes, amen to that." About 40 minutes later we walked to the gate for the show.

Ive been pretty numbed by it all.. as many of us have.. its all so unreal. And having had that conversation with him just before it happened.. well .. But Joel went out the way he wanted to go. Doing what he loved so dearly.

Godspeed to you Lothar, May you be as interesting character in what ever is beyond this life, as you were in the this one where you touched us all so deeply. You will be missed by us all.