• 7. 1987-1991
    • 8. 1992-1996
    • 9. 1997-2002
    • 10. I saw my first show in the last 3 years

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1964....I was a 10 year old snare in a feeder corps of a Garden State corps..we used to host a class 'A' show.

As one of the feeder kids, we were the runners, picking up the sheets after each corps...

Blessed Sac

St Kevin's

Audobon

Garfield

St Lucy's

York White Roses

These spring to mind....

Mike

Early 1980s in St. Peter MN with the Govies, MN Brass, Madison Scouts, and some others. I remember MN Brass played the theme to "Sesame Street" as their closer, and me being of the sesame street age, I guess I had a fit that the Scouts beat them and made it known to everyone within about 2 sections of the stadium that the MN Brass was way better than the Scouts.

Of course, 10 years later I was at the local high school drooling over the Scouts Baritone line with my best friend...Good times B)

Then 10 more years later (Like 2 nights ago) I was cheering on MN Brass at the DCA Championships...Even more good times ^OO^

Barb Wendt

Govies 1996

Gulf Coast Sound 2005-as long as they let me!

I love telling my story...

The first time I ever saw a drum corps in person was in 1988. I was in the show! I remember the show was in Quad Cities IL and the SkyRyders were there as well as many others. We stayed at the same school as the show and after a minor chuck truck breakdown we ate stadium dogs for dinner. I joined this activity sight unseen and after that evening in 1988 I knew I had done a great thing!

2003 Artistry in Motion in Columbus OH. Phantom Regiment was being hosted at our Middle School and some of our band went up to watch and we were in awe because we had never seen or heard anything like that in our lives. And what a show to introduce myself to drum corps. I was sitting front row during their runthrough, and the trumpet feature from Ostinato hit and I thought my ears were going to explode. Awesome.

The first drum corps show I attended was in 1963 at Perth Amboy, NJ and was sponsored by the Amboy Dukes. I was 11 years old and if I can recall, the corps that competed that night were the Sunrisers, Carver Gay Blades, Criterions, Jersey Devils and two others I cannot recall. The first drum corps I had ever heard was the Hawthorne Caballeros recording from 1961.

In 1964, I attended my first Dream Contest and saw the heayweights of Junior and Senior Corps from the East Coast. It was at this show I was determined to join St. Lucy's Cadets, which I did in 1968.