Favorite Show of ALL TIME?

I figured this would be an interesting topic to start so....

My pick would have to be either Cadets 00', or SCV 89'(i know those are common, but they are awesome shows). I just love shows that are packed with emotion and energy, and for me these two just do it!

Post away.......

:P

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to further this thread, because I'm sure there are a thousand old ones, but I always feel I must mention Phantom Regiment 1996. I listen to this nearly everyday and it steal gets me misty eyed. It is the epitome of an amazinglywell written and amazingly well executed drum corps show. Best of the Best. IMHO.

SCV 2004. It was this show in this year that I truly realized I love drum corps. It wasn't the first to get me hooked (that was PR 03) but just seeing them so many times live, especially in Finals, I think it is truly one of the best drum corps performances I've ever seen or heard. And that's saying a lot, because my two runners-up are Star 93 and Cadets 00.

i waffle pretty consistently on this one - right now i'd have to say madison 97... i really don't think there's a more aggressive show (or corps) out there.

they certainly aren't the cleanest corps of all time - but if i had to choose one show that i could take with me to a deserted island, it's definitely be that one. the brass arrangements are just so in your face, and that closer simply can't be matched. i just wish i had been there to see it live - i don't think there was a single person in the stadium sitting down when they hit that huge chord at the end of the company front.

that, my friends, is drum corps.

Anyone on this board who knows me at all knows exactly what I'm going to say.

SCV '99.

Game over.

The power, the emotion, the fantastic arranging and drill. This was also the first year I saw a corps show (caught the PBS broadcast for the first time) and as SCV was marching, I knew I had to be a part of this.