An Article about DCA corps

fholin

I don't know if this has been posted before, but here it goes: I belong to a community band here in San Antonio. At our rehearsal last night, there were free copies of a magazine called "Making Music." It's about recreational music making, and they are trying to get subscribers. In the issue I picked up was an article about DCA. Here's a link to the article:

It's a bit sketchy, but any positive publicity is good publicity.

Very nice article!

It's refreshing to read an article that focuses on what really makes senior/all-age corps tick.... the people.

Fran

Edited by Fran Haring

That's the Brigs.

cute Sam

lol - it is poor reporting to discuss three or four corps and only put in one picture and not label it...

I do appreciate that the Brigs continue to use the old uniform in the A section... that is a real nice touch

by the way... I know these people... the magazine is out of Syracuse...

Tom Peashey

Lifetime Member

Syracuse Brigadiers Alumni

very cool. but it seems odd they only focused on senior corp(which isn't bad i'm just surprised they didn't have anyone say any thing about junior corp) :laugh:

That's because the article is actually titled........."Field of Dreams.......All-Age Drum and Bugle Corps."

To quote a portion of the byline ".............if you think playing in corps is for young people only, think again. All-Age drum and bugle corps prove that the energy and excitment can last a lifetime".

The actual "promo" hard copy has more pics, and is a little more indepth. "Making Music" was gracious enough to supply (unasked for) The Kilties with 1000 copies of the "promo" hard copies.

Bill