Uniforms that made you cringe

Actually,

Les Chatelaines uniforms were one of the most effective ones I've ever seen.

1) with all the other "All girl" units in skirts - Les Chatelaines stood out

2) The "crown" they wore made everyone look like they were 7 feet tall - very intimidating

3) The colors really popped out on the field

4) They were just the collest thing out there in the early '80's.

Man was I a HUUUUGGGGEEEEEE fan!!!!

later,

Mike

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually,

2) The "crown" they wore made everyone look like they were 7 feet tall - very intimidating

later,

Mike

Actually, I liked them very much also. It was very different, but it did work!

The white chairs also worked. They had a large horn line, but a small drumline, I think (?) one year all the drums were it the pit, no battery on the field. The white chairs set up in patterns on the field helped them look like a full size corps.

Actually,

later,

Mike

They appeared to be unique...I never saw them...for me no one beats the Bon bons for all-girl unis.

Mike

Two more uniforms that almost made me throw up...

1990s

Glassmen with the big G on the chest...eeek

Crossmen with the big X that covered the entire top..... so bad.

I really like those uniforms. To me there's nothing better than seeing/wearing a uniform with the corps insignia thats loud and proud. The problem with the G-uniform, from what I saw in videos, was that it doesn't seem to streamline the members. When Xmen annouced that they were getting new unis in 2004, I was hoping they would go back to the late 90's style uniform but use an actual maltese cross rather than the triangles. Personally I wish they would use some lighter colors (or at least white pants).

Anybody see the 95 Carolina Crown? They were brand new with their "lighting bolts". A long way away form what they are now. Bleh!!!

Oh, the uniforms weren't new, just the lightning bolts. :D

neeed pictures

Put me down for not liking pretty much any of the silk shirt variants of the 70s (Devils, Cavies ... all of 'em). And I hate to say this about one of my favorite corps, but I think Phantom's guard is one of the worst costumed most years. The '92 opera show stands out as one of the cheesiest (and don't tell me it's okay because opera is cheesy).

Anyone like the yellow version of VK? Not me.

HH

I really like those uniforms. To me there's nothing better than seeing/wearing a uniform with the corps insignia thats loud and proud. The problem with the G-uniform, from what I saw in videos, was that it doesn't seem to streamline the members.

I always thought they looked great in person.

When Xmen annouced that they were getting new unis in 2004, I was hoping they would go back to the late 90's style uniform but use an actual maltese cross rather than the triangles. Personally I wish they would use some lighter colors (or at least white pants).

I was hoping they'd go back to something similar to their uniforms from the early 90s. That was the best look they ever had, IMO. And yeah, I've thought all of the Crossmen's recent uniform designs (there've been three in the past eight or so years, yeah?) have been way too dark and dreary. Brighten it up a little!