Troopers not Fielding a corps for 2006

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It looks like it's the fully expanded circle.

Well, it seems to show (note the word "seems") a move from a block type of form to the circle...Don't know waaaay back then if they used the tight circle expansion to the big one. Doesn't matter to me...the drill sheet is classic.

Mike

Well, it seems to show (note the word "seems") a move from a block type of form to the circle...Don't know waaaay back then if they used the tight circle expansion to the big one. Doesn't matter to me...the drill sheet is classic.

Mike

The block inside is most likely the guard or the drumline. You can see where the form is almost at the front sideline, so that means fully expanded.

In the 80s (and I know that things could have changed between 1960 and the mid-80s), the tight circle before we turned it around and expanded it was it's own drill page/set.

In 1985, my rookie year, Ken Jarman, lead sop vet, worked his way down the soprano line, drilling us rookies on the 3 hand placements/horn flashes to make sure we all knew exactly what we were doing and when. I really respected him for doing that.

My name is Trevor Bailey, due to the recent events with my corps, The Troopers I will be auditioning for the Phantom Regiment In November. Any help would be great. The 2006 season would have been my age-out year with corps. Thanks in Advance!

P.S. There are plenty of Trooper kids who want to march. We are adding our names to corpsreps.com for more assistance. We need your help. Help us find somewhere to march in 2006.

My email is: hldbaritone@yahoo.com

Trevor Bailey

Trooper Baritone 03-04,Age-out

Auditioning Phantom Regiment on Euphonium 2006

Edited by Trevor

The block inside is most likely the guard or the drumline. You can see where the form is almost at the front sideline, so that means fully expanded.

I looked at it pretty closely...not that any of this really matter...but to me the block in the center is the preceding form...the numbers match up with the numbers on the circle...way too many for the guard and drums back at that time.

That's why I have the feeling that in 1960 it was not really an expanding circle (possibly) but a block that turned into the large circle....

The expanding circle is just a great move. I first saw it, I think, in 1969...don't think I ever saw them prior to that.

Mike

I was told (back in my Garfield days) that Dr Baggs did the expansion sunburst with Bergenfield going back to the 50's, and that Jim Jones got the idea from Don Angelica.

Thanks for the info! Interesting stuff all the way. Such an amazing period in the history of drum corps. And so lucky for you to grow up with those guys around. :worthy:

I remember learning how to burst an arc for the first time in HS band in 1974 and thought it was the best thing since sliced bread. The band director (formerly a very traditional big ten MB guy) had just returned from seeing his first DCI championship. He was a big Troopers fan and that's all we heard about all year.

On the drill sheet... they call it sunburst, so I assume it was an expanding form. Thanks to the Troopers for making it available.

Troop.

hey, for troopers looking for a place to try-out, Southwind has an Oklahoma Audition in Broken Arrow (near Tulsa). Info can be found on Southwind.org

yes.

~>conner

Does this mean Troopers have to come back as a Div II corps as Magic had to in 2002 :(

When Troopers are ready to return, they will be evaluated by DCI, who will then determine what their division status will be. Chances are, due to the events that lead to the loss of Troopers' Div. I status and their eventual inactivity for 2006, DCI will recommend Div. II status for 2007, although Troopers would be able to do a full tour if they chose.