Hardest visual program to date?

Thank you for illustrating my point beautifully. Now you're counting how many people are playing. For a 20 second passage in the show. Ignoring the rest. :peek:

i was actually referring to all of the show, or a vast majority of the show. sorry you misinterpreted my post.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, judging from shows I have seen live over 25 years of attending, I would say that Star of Indiana 1993 still blows me away as the most difficult and best performed overall show ever.

We have not seen anything like it since. Cadets 2005 were close, and Cavaliers 2002 were close. So was BD 2003 and SCV 1999 (what a great show that is from a visual perspective).

The Cadets 1993 show of "In The Spring: At the Time When Kings Go Off To War" was also the one show that could stck up with Star in terms of overall demand. Tempos, meter, amazing horn and percussion charts, demanding articulations and range all over the place. I would say this show is the runner-up to Star 1993.

Top 3 corps in 1993 had some whicked stuff.

Peace,

Recent ones...pretty much anything done by the Cavaliers 00-present(some more than others: 05 didn't live up to past drill, but it was still pretty nice. The others had their own level of insanity)

BD 00 was pretty fast

Cadets 98 was also pretty difficult speed-wise

Star 90-93 is waay better than most stuff we see today

...But the one that really got me the first time I saw it was Cadets 1993. The first thing I immediately noted to myself was "Holy Crap that is FAST!!!" And it basically remained that speed throughout the entire show except for the ballad. (I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet)

Recent ones...pretty much anything done by the Cavaliers 00-present(some more than others: 05 didn't live up to past drill, but it was still pretty nice. The others had their own level of insanity)

BD 00 was pretty fast

Cadets 98 was also pretty difficult speed-wise

Star 90-93 is waay better than most stuff we see today

...But the one that really got me the first time I saw it was Cadets 1993. The first thing I immediately noted to myself was "Holy Crap that is FAST!!!" And it basically remained that speed throughout the entire show except for the ballad. (I'm surprised no one has mentioned this yet)

Not only that but the speed of the marching and the music coupled with the fact that a lot of the music has some odd rhythms (to march to) adds even more difficulty.

I agree with both of you about Cadets '93. The marching demand for each performer is just absurd.

That show scares the poo out of me :laugh:

Any other time I would have said Cadets 93 or 95 or Cavies 03 or Cadets 03 but when I was talking to a member of the Cadets who marched in 93 and after talking to several staff members who marched 98 and 99 Cadets my decision was made. I am going to vote for Cadets 05 only because all of those people said that this was quite possibly one of the hardest shows to hit the field. so I went back and watched the instant dvd i have from semis and realized that this might very well be one of the most demanding shows imo of course. Talking about moving and playing the hornline practically never stops playing aside from the drum feature, the gaurd was amazing look at there dancers and there rifle line. AMAZING watch the drumline they are hauling across the field almost the hole show. And How about those tempos 192, 198,220 210 cmon if you can tell me thats not incredible then your in so much denial it's silly. so I am going to have to say Cadets 05.

Any other time I would have said Cadets 93 or 95 or Cavies 03 or Cadets 03 but when I was talking to a member of the Cadets who marched in 93 and after talking to several staff members who marched 98 and 99 Cadets my decision was made. I am going to vote for Cadets 05 only because all of those people said that this was quite possibly one of the hardest shows to hit the field. so I went back and watched the instant dvd i have from semis and realized that this might very well be one of the most demanding shows imo of course. Talking about moving and playing the hornline practically never stops playing aside from the drum feature, the gaurd was amazing look at there dancers and there rifle line. AMAZING watch the drumline they are hauling across the field almost the hole show. And How about those tempos 192, 198,220 210 cmon if you can tell me thats not incredible then your in so much denial it's silly. so I am going to have to say Cadets 05.

Right on the money, man. That opener, Liquid, had to have more demand for each individual performer, in all 3 sections, than anything I have ever seen (not to mention that they just ran around at 200 bpm for almost a minute before the clock even started!).

The deceiving part, even when we get the much-anticipated DVDs, is how they make it look so easy, routine. I don't know how they developed the endurance to perform that song alone so effortlessly...I'm pretty sure those kids must have gotten beaten up pretty good on this tune all summer!!

Right on the money, man. That opener, Liquid, had to have more demand for each individual performer, in all 3 sections, than anything I have ever seen (not to mention that they just ran around at 200 bpm for almost a minute before the clock even started!).

The deceiving part, even when we get the much-anticipated DVDs, is how they make it look so easy, routine. I don't know how they developed the endurance to perform that song alone so effortlessly...I'm pretty sure those kids must have gotten beaten up pretty good on this tune all summer!!

Remember all those reports of injuries this summer? Sheesh!

Star 91.. Hands down. The crosses at the end were UNreal!!