West is Best.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see...someone from the hierarchy of a DCA Finalist corps makes an "innocent statement" about how the corps that they helped found is going to do well this year. How unusual, someone thinking that their corps is going to have a great year. But, along with this statement, let's throw in some vague references to past controversies that are somewhat ambiguous. (Plausible deniablity is always a good thing to have. Leave yourself an out.)

Something like, "BY NO MEANS AM I TRYING TO STIR UP TROUBLE WITH THIS MEANINGLESS PLATITUDE THAT MY CORPS IS GREAT AND IS GOING TO TAKE OFF THIS YEAR. I AM ALSO NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE CURRENT TOP CORPS THAT FINISHED AHEAD OF ME."

Of course you don't because you know you don't have to. You know that you can sit back and enjoy the show that you have started. Being a catalyst for controversey is more fun that making the trouble yourself. It also serves the purpose to keep the "did you read what the (insert corps name) said?!? Can you believe those guys?!?"

Clever, by saying you're "NOT SAYING" negative things about the current champion & 2nd, I mean 3rd place corps (wait a minute, I think I just did it too! Oops!) you give others who will make these statements a new soap box to stand on. Then when you drag someone into your trap, you can continue to hound them even after they clearly have "REMOVED ALL PREVOIUS POSTS". Classy!

All in all, it makes for fun reading. Otherwise these boards would just be a bulletin board for Open House dates.

I'm just sayin'

-- taking this offline --

Edited by drumlaw80

Let's see...someone from the hierarchy of a DCA Finalist corps makes an "innocent statement" about how the corps that they helped found is going to do well this year. How unusual, someone thinking that their corps is going to have a great year. But, along with this statement, let's throw in some vague references to past controversies that are somewhat ambiguous. (Plausible deniablity is always a good thing to have. Leave yourself an out.)

Something like, "BY NO MEANS AM I TRYING TO STIR UP TROUBLE WITH THIS MEANINGLESS PLATITUDE THAT MY CORPS IS GREAT AND IS GOING TO TAKE OFF THIS YEAR. I AM ALSO NOT SAYING ANYTHING BAD ABOUT THE CURRENT TOP CORPS THAT FINISHED AHEAD OF ME."

Actually, you didn't see the original note in the context of this discussion. All of the "disclaimer" that you refer to was added after-the-fact, after all those things were implied in the personal attack that followed.

The original note said only this:

I hereby predict that 2006 will be remembered as the year that the senior corps scene really took off on the West Coast.

I changed it back as to not confuse anyone else.

Everybody sucks except us.

I didn't imply it. I didn't hint at it.

I came right out and said it.

THERE.

and for RCR and Dream, well... 1st and 2nd in Class A sounds about right to me.

Hey now....I give up to no one! You'll have to fight for that top spot!

Actually....if SoCal Dream gets the 40 ro so horns we're apparently aiming for, I think we'll have to declare Open class....the necessarry battery and guard would push us over the 65 memebr limit.

:worthy:

I can't tell who's joking and who is serious anymore.

:worthy:

I can't tell who's joking and who is serious anymore.

Me neither. I'm confused. :worthy:

Perhaps even dazed.

Fran

I've gave up on trying to figure out whos serious and whos not. now i'm just watching this spiral downwards.

Just sit back and enjoy the bubbles.......... :lolhit:

Hi, Mom.