Pro-Woodwinds, Amps, Electronics, Anything...

Pro-Woodwinds, Amps, Anything...  

715 members have voted

1. 1. Are you pro-woodwinds/amps/electronics/etc.?

• Yes
    • No
    • Neither (Meaning you have mixed views or like only certain aspects of both sides)

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's probably been said a million times, however, as far as I'm concerned, woodwinds have no place in a drum & bugle corps. If you want to be in a musical organisation that uses them, then join a marching band or orchestra. As for amps, why do you need them? When I was on the field, the corps had about 30-35 in the horn line. We could put out enough sound to fill a stadium, and we weren't the largest horn line around either. Electronics? Same deal.

show proof!

the proof is right here in the forums Tom. they say it right out loud. it's been said in this thread more than a few times. however, you probably just dismissed them as drum corps haters because they just dont bow down and say drum corps is awesome YEA is god, blah blah, your usual rant whenever anyone disagrees with something

No it doesn't. These are visual representations of what the music is doing. It looks just as fine with a flute or clarinet as it does a trumpet.

I disagree, sorry.