DCP for sale?

Eddie

(The quote below is copied from the "DCA fans by state, Add your name to the map" thread)

This is an Excellent way to "network" within the Activity......Great Web Site!!!

--------------------

Brenda E Kurtz -

G-Force D & B Corps 2006 - Publicity Manager/Board of Directors

Crossmen Alumni Corps 2006 - Re-Organization/Board of Directors

Crossmen Lead Soprano - 1989, 1990

Florida Wave - 1986, 1987, 1988 Lead Soprano

Classic Senior - 1991 Lead Soprano

Music City Legend 2004 - Board of Directors/Founding Member

Kind of interesting considering what's being discussed in this thread.(?)

Edited by rwrice

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

funny for a while, some people had board of directors in their sigs, and there was at one time a posting to have a board and applications were sent in.

i too do not wish to have my personal info given to just any joe blow, and now i wonder what did i pay for?

Yep, I said that earlier and was told there is no board....But I remember one person who was originally put back as a Board member then their title changed to 'administration', I noticed not too long ago.

Like who?

Do you really want me to post her name here? I'm not going there, but I'll be glad to pm you, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

Do you really want me to post her name here? I'm not going there, but I'll be glad to pm you, but I'm sure you can figure it out.

If you are speaking about whom I think you are, and you think she has money, you are wrong.

anyone who hates the place wont spend money to buy it. they'll let it die on it's own

sooooo, george is thinking that some members will get together and buy the site.

then why put it up to auction? advertise it here, make a thread for members to discuss it with each other, etc., and arrange a private sale.

i gave money to mike new/dcp from my limited college student budget (yes, 20 bucks makes a difference in my budget). i did this since i've been with dcp from it's quite earlier days, am on staff at mbp, etc. i care about this site and these people. i wanted to help it continue to thrive, so i donated.

it's for the members, for the community, right? so the activity can thrive? advertise it to the activity. ebay is public. if you're hoping for a select group of people to purchase dcp, make it available only to that select group of people. not to some joe schmoe who searches drum corps on ebay (hey, i do random google searches sometimes!)

george, i think it would help to calm a lot of nerves if you went through with us some of the thought processes you had when making this decision. what did you consider, what made you make the choices you made, etc? there must be some fabulous perfectly clear reason to auction this website on a public site? hopefully there is...

very disappointing.

Current google and ad based revenue for the site averages $800-1000 monthly. Current hosting costs average approximately $450 monthly. Real advertising potential is untapped and therefore unknown...

Hm... I hope someone greedy doesn't decide to buy it and fill the site with advertisements left and right. Last thing I need are free iPod pop-ups everytime I decide to view the next page of a thread!

If it only costs $450 to maintain the site a month, and the ads are $800-$1000 which usually take care of itself cause advertising is a tax write off, why the $12,500 asking price? :lol:

Edited by Lancerlady

Server costs and maintainance would be my guess.