Rock Bands As Show Themes

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Coheed and Cambria has some great stuff, espeically in the way of openers/closers, not so much ballads, but it would still be sweet. Cluadio has the crazy falsetto(sp?) voice for the sops to scream out, and they proabably have the best guitarists in modern rock, so it would make for some ridiculous mello licks, and the bass parts would be bring some pretty meaty stuff for the contras and baris.

There's some good Ska music out there that corps could do... hey, they already have trumpets and trombones... it would make for an easy conversion. :P

Trombones?

Anyway, didn't the Quad City Knights rock out for several years in a row? 1988 "The Music of Chicago", 1989 "The Music of Yes", 1990 "Tommy, the Rock Opera". If I remember correctly they even had a large 80s concert drum set on a stage for a few of those shows. (show info from www.corpsreps.com) Hey, as the Geneseo Knights (before name change to Quad City) in 1987 they did "The Music of Emerson, Lake and Palmer".

Rock on!!

Wow, imagine someone like the Cadets marching an all ska show, you wouldn't even see their feet they'd be moving so fast!

Time for someone to play music from the Scorpions. ^0^

Geez, this is nothing new. Conquistadors did the Beatles "Abbey Road" back in '79.

SGT Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band

Golden Slumbers

Carry that weight

The end

I know, I know a coprs named Conquistadors playing a British rock band??

Stranger things have happened. :music:

let's see:

Crossmen did "Something" by the Beatles back in 79? or 80?

Bluecoats did "Walk between the Raindrops" by Donald Fagen (of Steely Dan Fame) in 1985

Suncoast 1984 drum solo was changes by yes with a little YYZ thrown in I believe.

Didn't Blue Knights do YYZ or changes in 1984?

Bluecoats in 1991 did "Whiter Shade of Pale"

Cadets did Van Morrison

That's all I can think of right now.

And Bluecoats 1984 drum solo was a Kansas Tune (Father Padilla meets the perfect Gnat) I think that's the name. - It was Magnum Opus, but the piece is segmented into movements and the part we used was mainly from the movement titled Father Padilla meets the perfect Gnat.

Edited by bluecoats88