Mini corps drill

If Corps A stands still and plays their ##### off and Corps B does their 6 little drill moves flawlessly, yet can't play a note in tune do they tie? Or does Corps C who is average at both drill and musicianship win? I'll take Corps A every time!

Never said anything about drill. All I am saying is: "The Corps that looks and plays the best should win."

Again, let me recap: "Never said anything about drill."

Just so there is no confusion, I would like to reiterate that I never mentioned anything about drill.

On a final note, I would like to add to the fact that I never said anything about drill.

ARE WE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE NOW???

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never said anything about drill. All I am saying is: "The Corps that looks and plays the best should win."

Again, let me recap: "Never said anything about drill."

Just so there is no confusion, I would like to reiterate that I never mentioned anything about drill.

On a final note, I would like to add to the fact that I never said anything about drill.

ARE WE ALL ON THE SAME PAGE NOW???

:wall::worthy: You want a drill????? Are you sure Nick?????? :wall::wall: :P

Shelly (signed in as Tom)

I saw GR tonight at a rehearsal...they are going to be very good I think. They didnt do any drill at all, LOL... but Joey did a nice job on the arrangements and from the midvoice down they had a very nice sound. Not all the high end guys were there, and Joey was more concentrating on teaching than playing, so it wasnt a full unit. they sound good already, even with people missing.

Bob Rex is a very good horn player!!! He is the sop soloist from the White Sabers.

Donny

:worthy::worthy: You want a drill????? Are you sure Nick?????? :worthy::worthy: :P

Shelly (signed in as Tom)

A Corps doesn't have to do drill to look professional during their performance. However, a Corps should look professional while performing.

Drill just adds spice. Drill is not a necessity. It's all about sounding and looking professional during the performance.

Screw that Corps A and Corps B & C thing. Just do what you gotta do to win and hope that you put on a winning show.

When you win, you get a Medal and a patch. Ever see my jacket?? I gotta few patches.

Edited by SoloSop420

And for every patch there was a drill...so I see why you are INSISTING that evryone does a drill....LOL

Donny :)

And for every patch there was a drill...so I see why you are INSISTING that evryone does a drill....LOL

Donny :)

Actually Donny.......that is correct. For every patch there was a DRILL involved. It doesn't necessarily mean that a DRILL was a contributing factor. It's what we choose, as a MINI CORPS, to do. I agree with most posts here, and I think we, as a collective body agree, that ENTERTAINMENT be the primary purpose of promoting our activity. I don't think that anyone reading these posts, assuming they are adults, should read to much into this. DO WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO..............then..........HAVE A BEAH!!!!! (make mine Labbats...EH?) B)

Yo...DA, Next rehearsal Sunday Feb. 26th.........2 for 1 wings at the Plymouth Tavern. Be there....

Edited by melligene