Great Drum Corps Rivalry's

So as I sat tonight and watched one of the greatest NFL rivalry's on TV (Bears Vs Packers)...I got to thinking. Are there any great drum corps rivalry's anymore? Any of them legendary on the scale of Green Bay and Chicago? Any new and emerging rivalry's?

About the only one that I'm really aware of is the Santa Clara Vanguard/Blue Devils rivalry...

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah SCV/BD is the one that sticks out in my mind as well. If there is another, I would imagine it would be somewhere in the top 5...possibly Cadets/Cavies or something of the sorts. Anyone have any input? I mean I would imagine they're all pretty much rivals, considering they are constantly at the top and going for the coveted gold.......

SCV and Boston this year...

When you think of rivarlries in sports, are they rivalries because the players from one team don't like the players on the other team (Red Wings/Avalanche)? Or is it a rivalry between FANS from different cities or states (Cleveland/Pittsburgh)? Or does it make a rivalry just because two teams are directly competing with each other for championships alot (Yankees/Red Sox)? Does there have to be a history of classic moments between the two teams (Michigan/Ohio St.)? So what makes a rivalry in drum corps?

Edited by madscout96

I'm under the impression that in recent times, it's been Cadets-Cavies definitely, and possibly Crown-Madison?

In the pre DCI years-Boston and the I.C. Reveries was a very huge rivalry, although IC never beat Boston that I know of...fast forward to the new corps - 27th Lancers.....basically I believe it was neck and neck then mostly 27 winning...this was so bad there were fights and arrests.....however it would all be straightened out and none of the members had records because of it.

North Star thought they were our rivals, however we did not....we just thought we were in a different league, right or wrong we did! They would beat us early in the season during some years, but middle to end of the season, we knew it would not be a problem. We usually had a very late start, and wouldn't have a full corps in May and even June one year.....

The worst part of that was the people we were marching against we had marched next to for 4 to 8 years in the Reveries so it made it difficult not to like them! But crap happens.......