Great Drum Corps Rivalry's

The one from 04 that sticks out in my mind is Bluecoats, Crown, and Madison. As far as 2005 goes I would have to say the whole 6-9 bracket was prettty darn touchy. I have never noticed any tension between Spirit and Crown the past couple of years... Maybe they have it out for Crown but I am pretty certain that the kids at Crown have nothing but respect and admiration for Spirit and thier traditions. Based on a few stories that I have heard... there was some EXTREME Star/Cavies rivalry in the late 80's, early 90's.

I can't speak for Crown, now... but I can say that when I marched there was a rivalry between Crown and Spirit. You know, rivalries don't have to be disrepectful.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No one ever mentioned Boston and Crossmen... since 99 the two corps have been up in eachothers faces and some years brawls even broke out...

Even though its been a while since they've been in the same league comptetively...there is definitely a rivalry between Phantom Regiment and the Cavaliers...its simmered off quite a bit though since Regiment hasnt beaten the Cavaliers since 1997.

Star of Indiana definitely had a dislike of the Cavaliers....they even had a bus song or two about it.

Wasnt there a Blue Stars/Mandarins rivalry as well?

Have the Bluecoats and Glassmen ever considered eachother rivals?

Early to mid 80's Spirit / Suncoast.

It really began in '82 when they knocked us out of finals at Whitewater 2 weeks before finals. From that point forward "it was on".... LOL The corps traded placements for years at Finals after that.

Some really fine corps came from those years from both groups.

AA

I have heard several stories about The Cavaliers doing this... as well as BD! <**> Not cool... or respectful! Anyone else have any tales of flying jolly ranchers???

The only Jolly Rancher story I've ever heard is from members of a certain midwest corps from the 80's/90's being bored during rehearsals and passing (spitting) a jolly rancher from member to member on the field...

I guess personal hygeine always takes backseat to great stories and fun on tour! :P