What corps do you think has the coolest corps jacket?

and you can generally tell "That's someone from Seattle" because most corps jackets are black and have similar fonts and all that jazz.

Especially when your jacket is the color of astroturf. :worthy:

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Especially when your jacket is the color of astroturf. :worthy:

Why would one be wearing their corps jacket on astroturf? I mean of course, there are times... but lol...besides that... And I guess the newer Cascades Jackets are the color of astroturf... Mine is the darker green one, so I guess I dont have that problem :) I know the older ones are that almost/puke green color--I'm glad I joined when they made the switch. The color seems to vary sometimes, the 2004 group got a spruce green type color, but once you wash it, it all ends up looking like the original anyway... Anywho, I have gone on about nothing... Be glad your jacket isnt the color of smurf turf! heheh

Personally, I've always been a fan of my Phantom Regiment jacket - and am still complelled to never simply lay it anywhere out of respect for the corps.

If you want to talk about jackets you can't miss...how about Southwind's yellow striped ones, and the bold red of the Americanos.

Madison's member jacket is very classic and effective, but who thought to make a heavy wool jacket for the summer?????

The jacket is actually quite comfortable, even in the summer, because usually the only time you'd wear it was late at night when it was cooler out after the show. If you notice also, the guys usually wear it without a shirt on, so it compensates for the lack of shirt.

You can also wear it year round like someone else stated

Also on the bus, you put it on the seat in front of you, and you get to stare at the fleur for endless hours, which is a nice memory of mine.

If you want to talk about jackets you can't miss...how about Southwind's yellow striped ones, and the bold red of the Americanos.

Those would be the first two I would mention, along with the Freelancers white that you can occasionally see in the stands.

My personal favorite, I think, are the Bluecoats 2003 jackets, that say "Bluecoats hornline" (or other section) on the back. I like when jackets mention what section youre in, and even more so just "hornline," "drumline," etc.. Just a personal preference.

Those would be the first two I would mention, along with the Freelancers white that you can occasionally see in the stands.

My personal favorite, I think, are the Bluecoats 2003 jackets, that say "Bluecoats hornline" (or other section) on the back. I like when jackets mention what section youre in, and even more so just "hornline," "drumline," etc.. Just a personal preference.

Scouts.

"Coolest Jackets":

The old "Chicago Cavaliers" satin corps (Members?) jacket was quite nice. I believe that this series was discontinued and replaced with the "Cavaliers" jackets when the corps became the "Park Ridge" Cavalers back in the early 1960s.

If one of these jackets ever pops up on EBay it should set off a "Feeding Frenzy" among the "Old Timers".

Elphaba

The jacket is actually quite comfortable, even in the summer, because usually the only time you'd wear it was late at night when it was cooler out after the show. If you notice also, the guys usually wear it without a shirt on, so it compensates for the lack of shirt.

You can also wear it year round like someone else stated

Also on the bus, you put it on the seat in front of you, and you get to stare at the fleur for endless hours, which is a nice memory of mine.

I went from California to Madison. Let me tell you first hand, MADISON got it right with the WOOL jacket. Yes, after the show, no shirt and the jacket is pure comfort. And of course on the bus, it feels like a warm blanket.

Besides, it's a Scout jacket! b**bs