"Nitpicks" you have about finals performances

1998 The Cadets - Closer, guard is really off

1999 Santa Clara Vanguard - The soprano soloist who cracks

2000 The Cadets - The rifle drop in the opener

2000 The Cavaliers - The rifle drop in one part, took him a while to get it back.

2002 The Cadets - Rifles. Oh...

2002 The Cavaliers - All the drops in the guard. 20/20 in the guard caption ????????

2003 The Cadets - That one crack in the opener with the soloist

2003 Blue Devils - The Sail Guard Member during Take Five

2003 Phantom Regiment - So many ticks in the guard. It's painful, beautiful at times but painful sometimes.

I feel so evil right now. I'm probably going to #### for saying all this...

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel so evil right now. I'm probably going to #### for saying all this...

I'll be in the level below you I guess

Other bad moments I don't think anyone said from as many years in a row I can remember

91 Phantom - Sop soloist in Pagliacci gets a little too powerful for his horn, even if he did hit the high note cleanly. The Mello Soloist lost his plume too.

92 VK - Bottle dance - NOT! gets screwed up by one of the girls, but is still hilarious

92 Cavaliers - One of the snares almost loses his sticks during the break when he flips it. The very last rifle in the ending drops(ouch)

97 Scouts - Audience member forgot to bring deodorant, although I don't think it would've made much difference watching this show

00 SCV - ...yeah that one thing after the one song

02 Cadets - Fallen contra, dropped rifle...(ouchy...)

03 Phantom -Sabre drops in opening & before Lords Prayer

04 BD - Solo fracks on the high notes, Tenor spills at the end(ugh...that must've sucked)

05 Phantom - Sop solo frack in opener

Oh, can't believe I forgot(This one was cool though)

- Magic 2002 - Tenor spills in opener only to be cheered upon running his butt over to his spot(ironically while the entire hornline turns to face him)

Edited by NR_Ohiobando

95 Scouts - None of the audience members actually heard the hornline for most of the show

....it was the RECORDING. Do you honestly think that one of the most talked about shows of all time, and one of the most talked about brasslines of all time, would involve a hornline that the audience couldn't hear? If I'm simply misunderstanding it.......what??

If it sounds like I'm going through threads and attacking you, it's not meant to be that way; the comment in the other thread was just saying that I don't understand what you were saying.

If we're thinking of the same sop solo (edit - in SCV '99), it was supposed to be like that.

Edited by Jared_mello

"Which are the ones that make you say to yourself, 'just that one little thing...'?"

I don't think you guys understand this thread. It's not meant to call out errors in shows you like, and name every little tick you've seen in a good drum corps show. This thread is about frustrating errors that take away from otherwise great moments, that you can't help but notice every time. The two people falling in Cadets '95 is a good example, because every time I watch that segment, my eyes are immediately drawn to it.

The double buzz in Phantom '91 (Ray Vasquez, sop soloist) is another example. Same thing happened in the trumpet solo in Guaguanco, in Xmen '01 (which just happened on the VHS on the other side of the room).

(Un)stragetic missed horns ups/visuals surely fit into this thread also. Not every single time you've ever seen a rifle drop.

Edited by Jared_mello

I apologize, but this statement is laughably ignorant. To give you some clarity, it was the RECORDING. Do you honestly think that one of the most talked about shows of all time, and one of the most talked about brasslines of all time, would involve a hornline that the audience couldn't hear? If I'm simply misunderstanding it.......what??

If it sounds like I'm going through threads and attacking you, it's not meant to be that way; the comment in the other thread was just saying that I don't understand what you were saying.

That was supposed to be a joke dude, I might have "bando" in my name, but I'm not that stupid. I know all about the 95 recordings & how much they suck...Guess I forgot the :)

(And it's ok if you go around correcting me, I'm fairly new to Drum Corps, and I'd rather people yell at me for being stupid so I can learn what not to say)...(I probably shouldn't have said that.)

That was supposed to be a joke dude, I might have "bando" in my name, but I'm not that stupid. I know all about the 95 recordings & how much they suck...Guess I forgot the :)

(And it's ok if you go around correcting me, I'm fairly new to Drum Corps, and I'd rather people yell at me for being stupid so I can learn what not to say)...(I probably shouldn't have said that.)

Alright, after I typed it, I looked at the post a few times to see if maybe you had meant that, but it didn't seem like it. Even if so, misinterpreting a recording wouldn't be your fault anyway (it'd be IBM's....######.) Either way, I was walking back to my computer, to start my sentence with "are you kidding me" or something like that, so come across less accusational. That was my fault, sorry about that. At least you spelled drum CORPS right, haha. You're ahead of a good number of members with that. :P

Phantom Regiment 1996:

Soprano hangs over release at 10:05.

The cleanliness of the visual that night left a little to be desired at times, specifically the diagonal alignment in the block at the end of opener, and the form surrounding the inverted heart before ballad.

Cavies-03 A tenor player drops a stick when putting it into his bag, and later a guard guy throws it off. Not sure if he had to use those sticks again, but it was WELL before the end of the show, it's highly possible.

BD-04 dropped rifle during the rifle ripple/fast runs part (if that could be more vague, I would be impressed)

BD-04 dropped rifle during the rifle ripple/fast runs part (if that could be more vague, I would be impressed)

Uh ya...that was BD's entire show in 2004 with the exception of 2 minutes of amped Udu. Way to be clear. :P

**that 7 foot guy in Cavies '01 that is standing like a full step inside that arc. (don't remember exactly where in the show, but the camera definitely shows it.)

**All the mello fracks toward the end of Medea

**Cadets 02 tuba that eats it going backwards in the rotating block & the rifle that dropped

**Crossmen guard girl that drops and gets plowed over by the trumpet block

**BD 01 guard guy that almost falls when the doing the head-stand on the girls' leg

**The 3 vertical lines in SCV 00 that are awfully un-straight & and the yelling & and the bass drum that misses the release in Adagio

Most definitely agree with some of what you say. Although, I really hate that the Xmen 04 guard thing happened...I'm pretty sure that girl had a broken rib at the time. :o That's hardcore.

The Cadets 1993 thing (the guy going to the wrong spot) - holy cow! I can't believe that! I had to watch it like 10 times to figure out what the heck happened there. It looks like he was a supposed to go backwards but ended up going forwards instead. I never really noticed before...

I remember watching 1999 Cadets a lot and there was some hideous guard drop and I couldn't help but cringe everytime.