"Nitpicks" you have about finals performances

The cleanliness of the visual that night left a little to be desired at times, specifically the diagonal alignment in the block at the end of opener, and the form surrounding the inverted heart before ballad.

My god it was beautiful :worthy::wub::wub::wub:

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

04 crossmen, early in the ballad, mello frack.

04 cavies, early in ballad, mello(?) frack.

otherwise, best ballads of 04.

The first time I watched Blue Devils 1989. Oh that soloist. I didn't know what it was, it took me a few days after until I was told it was a bad bad mistake. Prior to that I thought it was a very special arrangement...

The first time I watched Blue Devils 1989. Oh that soloist. I didn't know what it was, it took me a few days after until I was told it was a bad bad mistake. Prior to that I thought it was a very special arrangement...

Good LORD, man....how could you POSSIBLY think that??? It was the single worst frack in the DCI era....probably in drum corps history...jr, sr, and old-time!

Besides....if you look closely, you can see him say "####!!" when the solo breaks....

believe it or not...I have had several people tell me they actually thought it was suppossed to be that way when they heard the recording. I mean, it IS the Blue Devils, and everything else about that show was definately at the usualy level of excellence. (Incidently, I really enjoy that show)

My god it was beautiful :worthy::wub::wub::wub:

...he was saying that the forms were dirty. :wub:

Edited by Jared_mello

Whats funny is that the top 6 still gets credit when there are lots of problems in the show.

If a corps below the top 6 does the same thing, they get nailed.

Frustrating...

You really think that when the shows as a whole are as great as some of those that have been mentioned here, the niggling little details that people are talking about on this thread are enough to get "nailed" for? A sop soloist having a bad night, a few mello fracks, or a form that's slightly out of alignment isn't gonna drop Star '93 or PR '96 out of the top five.

I really dont think I should comment on your performances as too me they are all great, but I still feel sorry for the contra player from cadets 2002 ( he carried on playing with a broken wrist), but my best one is when I tripped up while carrying by bass drum and was helped up by a judge who had the giggles for the rest of the performance :|

Good LORD, man....how could you POSSIBLY think that??? It was the single worst frack in the DCI era....probably in drum corps history...jr, sr, and old-time!

Besides....if you look closely, you can see him say "####!!" when the solo breaks....

It was just that odd I thought it was on purpose. I mean I was like Blue Devils mess up that bad baaah never!

...he was saying that the forms were dirty. :worthy:

I was saying it was beautiful. :P Should have had a better transition into my comment. My bad.

You really think that when the shows as a whole are as great as some of those that have been mentioned here, the niggling little details that people are talking about on this thread are enough to get "nailed" for? A sop soloist having a bad night, a few mello fracks, or a form that's slightly out of alignment isn't gonna drop Star '93 or PR '96 out of the top five.

I rarely use this, but :worthy:

If I play eleven and a half minutes of a piece at an extremely high level, one crack isn't going to be anything more than an unfortunate slip. In fact, the whole point of this thread is that these mistakes stand out so much because the rest of the show is so tremendously performed.