DCP-I V Season Discussion

Kosmos has come to mutal terms regarding the dissolution of Canadian visual caption head Gilles Ducette's contract. We felt that the corps was not where we expected it to be, marching wise, and have decided to make an immediate change. Visual staff member Hanna Bowers will assume the position of visual caption head for the duration of the season. We wish Mr. Ducette best wishes in his future endeavors.

Funny, Menagerie dumped their vis head too. We got a new guy from California.

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kosmos put the first part of their new show on the field and had their best show of the season by far last night, offering a good taste of things to come in the new future.

Meanwhile, St. Pete Sound made a big splash in their first midwestern show of the season, outscoring PRK by a point!

Emerald Regime earns their first win of the season, with learning and putting their new version of the drum solo/ballad on to the field on the same day! This is definitely good for the corps, and we are doing everything we can to keep the members happy. What a night it was. This whole season, we have been with big time competition, and to finally win a show was just great! All I could think about last night, was the members. It is great to know that they can still do well, even with making changes; considering we have more to come.

Congrats to all corps who competed at the show last night--the performances were definitely up from the night before, and it was just really cool to see all of that energy coming from the field into the audience, and likewise!

Great job Emerald Regime ^OO^

Edited by ScadesBari

Agreed. None of what happened caused the staff to go into panic mode. I think a lot had to do with nerves performing in front of their family and friends, esp. the rookies (40% of the corps).

I'll say this, the audience was definately noisy last night. No amount of shushing from the annoucer would quiet them. It was definately bad when we performed. The younger audience members were yelling during the show at thier friends in the corps. <_<

Last night the Port Huron show was definately a better performce. True it was techinically another home show for O'Sky and Lamps, the kids really blocked out the previous night's performance and put on a great show. We actually got a standing O at the end of the show...and it wasn't one of those "you did a fine job on the field" that many corps get these days. The audience was very impressed with whole show.

Great job kids!!!

Great show last night in Costa Mesa.

Wow... .164 from Mystre...I think our kids are finally starting to believe in themselves. Despite our overall visual performance issues our guard continues to shine (CG won 7th consecutive caption). High brass is doing allot better with the Fergie licks. After a few major changes to La Fiesta the ending is starting to come together too.

A quick thanks to Shadow Mountain for the use of one their buses over this West Coast tour. We should be good once we get back home on the 28th.

Edited by BAA-GA

Terrible night for Loudon Generals. Our Brass was missing all over the place and came down with by far its worst score of the season. :(

I'm wondering what happened with Imperial Sound, they were clearly in the green/yellow area as far as rankings, and now they are deep in the red.

Congrats to Emerald Regime for another victory, and an even better performance than the night before, even though we dropped in score by nearly a tenth of a point. The show is definitely becoming something to enjoy, as is the case with Tri-Color!

Can't wait for the Sandusky show :)