DCP-I V Season Discussion

15.69 to 12.00 without chaging my brass caption! :sshh:

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The mood at Overdrive's "Carb Day" minicamp has been very optimistic throughout the week. We've gotten some good work done, made a couple tweaks to the show that we think will really help us, had fun marching in some local parades, and are eager to return to competition in Sandusky.

Tri-Color is sending the Alumni Corps to do exhibition at the Tri-Color Home Show in Spokane. Since the competing Division I corps is on the road, they are not able to attend the "home show"--but the fans will definitely be there when we make the swing into the Northwest. The Alumni Corps is a full corps of 135 and does a competitive styled show. This season the Alumni Corps is performing "Blues Clues" and features the music of: Frank Ticheli and Dave Brubeck. The crowd will definitely get a good kick out of the alumni corps, and we hope they enjoy Mystré, Star of Jupiter, Bleu Knights, Puget Sound and Evergreen Regiment just as much! There was no formal show poster for this event due to the low volume of corps performing, and because Tri-Color (Division I) was not able to attend.

5:00pm - Evergreen Regiment

5:15pm - Raffle for prizes the souvie wagon

5:30pm - Puget Sound

5:45pm - Raffle for DCP-I Regional Tickets (all expenses paid)

6:00pm - Bleu Knights

6:15pm - Raffle for DCP-I Championships Tickets (all expenses paid)

6:30pm - Mystré

7:00pm - Star of Jupiter

7:15pm - Tri-Color Alumni Corps

7:45pm - Awards (no full retreat)

Fleur De Lis (76.203) is still tearing up the D1 division. WOW!!!

I didn't even think it would last this long. I think I got the hang of it, so it's safe for me to talk crap now. :worthy:

Recordings from Fleur De Lis's and Chicago Enforcers's last shows available on Finale 2003. PM me for the files.

Looking for some feedback on my arrangements.

Fleur De Lis (76.203) is still tearing up the D1 division. WOW!!!
I didn't even think it would last this long. I think I got the hang of it, so it's safe for me to talk crap now. :ph34r:

Recordings from Fleur De Lis's and Chicago Enforcers's last shows available on Finale 2003. PM me for the files.

Looking for some feedback on my arrangements.

Not bad not bad. However, the rankings show that the top corps have pretty much been in their respective slots, minus a few corps who have dipped further. I am not surprised that you have been "on top" for this long, but that is likely to change :) In the thick of things, I think the spread you had on everyone at the beginning has pretty much closed, and it gets closer and closer each show... Best of luck, and I think FANFARE has something for you, but I think I need to consult with Shannon first--Actually PM me if you will, and I will talk with you there. But it is good to have you aboard and in the thick of things, I was beginning to worry about the corps.

If Fanfare is thinking of adopting Fleur De Lis I will hit you with a big stick. They are with Innovation. :P

We received the wrong judges sheets for the scores today.... but it has been corrected with the correct judges sheets (ie... caption changes that went into effect today!)