DCP-I V Season Discussion

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going from a 73.### to a 69.### in a 24 hour period.. :(

There is nothing as painful as being a corps director and watching the show that 150+ people work on suddenly self-destruct on the field. Even the DM were crying because they were trying thier hardest to get everyone back on the same page.

Edited by sburstall

Kosmos had a very rough show in Warren last night as well. Some of our younger members have been a bit disappointed with how the season has progressed so far, but our veteran members are really doing a good job of helping keep their spirits up and helping them understand that DCPI is about the long haul.

Needless to say, our staff has been hard at work trying to find the best way to improve our program, and we have already started significant rewrites on the drill. Suffice to say that you can expect changes in every area of the visual program. We hope to have it all in place in time for the US Open.

Agreed. None of what happened caused the staff to go into panic mode. I think a lot had to do with nerves performing in front of their family and friends, esp. the rookies (40% of the corps).

I'll say this, the audience was definately noisy last night. No amount of shushing from the annoucer would quiet them. It was definately bad when we performed. The younger audience members were yelling during the show at thier friends in the corps. <_<

We had a bonfire last night with the recap cheets. The colorguard staff was outraged by the low score. Plus and low GE score did us in. The judges got an earfull from me last night, that was an outrage. We are 2 points better than what we where given.

The corps is now angry and focused, the members haven't spoken a word all day. Even at breakfast, the members set by themselfs and thought about what they needed to do to make the show better. I feel for all corps that see us tonight in Cosa Mesa.

#!$%^! What a rough run for us, we will take care of those issues we had last night, and give it another go tonight. Potomac River Knights, good job! Good to have you (or at least one of your corps) back in top 12. Although, The Engineers are supposed to be my rival (Tri-Color). I think we will see some upsets at the next show! Best of luck! :worthy:

Edited by ScadesBari

The Loudon Generals are working extra hard to get our scores (especially in the colorguard) up to par. We are still very proud of the "Best Brass in the Land" and hope to improve many aspects of our show.

Mystré has been performing an incomplete show this season, now the last minute and a half is on the field. The biggest part of this years show is the story line and the closer has an ending the will be talked about for seasons to come.

Now the GE judges can't gripe that we don't have a full show with no ending. :P