2006 top 12 standings

I've recorded everyone's picks for verification at the end of the season, and also assigned 25 points for a 1st vote 24 for a 2nd etc.. then divided by the number of times a corps was put in a list. here's the results as they stand so far.

Cavaliers 23.9

Cadets 23.4

Phantom 23.0

BD 23.0

Bluecoats 20.3

Madison 20.2

SCV 19.5

Crown 18.3

Boston 16.6

BK 15.7

Glassmen 15.6

Crossmen 14.8

Spirit 14.2

Colts 13.6

Capital 12.1

Southwind 11.0

Cascades 9.2

Blue Stars 9.1

Magic 7.9

Mandarins 6.4

Crest 6.4

Esperanza 4.4

Pioneer 2.8

Kavaliers 2.8

there are a lot of ties in there

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>First, Star & Crown. Different corps, different eras. However, Crown is quickly developing "Star like" qualities such as superior horn sound, a Top 6 guard year after year, and a percussion section that will be the most improved of 2006. Crown has always been innovative. Arguably one of the most innovative in the modern era.

I am not sure which DVD or CD recording some of you folks are listening to, but my 2005 DCI CD of Crown is outstanding. It is a refreshing change to hear "consistent" pitch center and beautiful tone quality that has been lacking in allot of shows during the past 5-7 years. Sure, there were many great shows from all corps, as no one in division 1, 2, or 3 were chumps. It was my first summer in many years that I liked every show in the top twelve. Last year was one of the best finals I have ever attended, and I have atteneded many.

It is time some of you Crown haters acknowledge that they are on the move. I am no Crown bot, but I see incredible momentum growing on the horizon for this corps, and to count them out of the top six this summer would be a huge mistake.

Since we are palying the guessing game, with no real knowledge of how the twelve will shake out this year, and not having heard anything other than some video and MP3's of a few corps, I will throw my predictions out there.

1) Phantom Regiment

2 The Cadets

3) Blue Devils

4) The Cavaliers

5) Bluecoats

6) Carolina Crown

7) Madison Scouts

8) Santa Clara Vangurad

9) Blue Knights

10) Boston Crusaders

11) Colts

12) Crossmen

13) Capital regiment

14) Glassmen

15) Spirit Of JSU

16) Seattle Cascades

17) Pacific Crest

Ok for fun .....

1.Cavaliers

2.Blue Devils

3.Phantom Regiment

4.The Cadets

5.Madison Scouts

6.Bluecoats

7.Santa Clara Vanguard

8.Carolina Crown

9.Blue Knights

10.Boston Crusaders

11.Colts

12.Crossmen(eh whatever couldnt decide)

• 1 month later...

In my opinion I think Cap Reg. is gonna pull into the top 12 for sure. They are getting very good uniforms and with their staff line up are destined to succeed. They are a corps that does whats asked of them and with the right people this year are going to do it. Just an opinion because I have always enjoyed Capital and have waited for the day when everything lines up for them which I believe is this season.

well I will have to say that the top 12 will change but not alot this is how I think it will go.

1st. the cadets

2nd. Phantom Regiment

3rd. Cavaliers

4th. Bluecoats there time is comming

5th. Madison Scouts

6th. SCV they will improve

7th. Carolina Crown

8th. Blue Devils another jazz show....

9th. Boston Crusaders

10th. Blue Knights

11th Glassmen

12. Crossmen it will be close like this year

Now this is just my input on how the year will go, Now I would love to hear what other people have to say and what there standing is

What kinda crack are you smoking to think that the ONE AND ONLY CORPS to NEVER be removed from the top 5 since 75 is going to suddenly hit 8th in 06? And on a year when they are doing "The Godfather" (which screams the very essence of modern drum corps BD style all over it) of all things. Fraid it aint gonna happen that easily. :rolleyes:

Edited by torn8o

What kinda crack are you smoking to think that the ONE AND ONLY CORPS to NEVER be removed from the top 5 since 75 is going to suddenly hit 8th in 06? And on a year when they are doing "The Godfather" (which screams the very essence of modern drum corps BD style all over it) of all things. Fraid it aint gonna happen that easily. :rolleyes:

Some break, huh?

1 BD ( 6 year it has to happen)

2 Cavies

3 Madison

4 Phantom

5 SCV

6 Cadets

7 Bluecoats

8 Crown

9 Boston

10 Glassmen

11 Blue Knights