Phantom getting new uniforms!

I havn't seen the show, but can someone who has tell me if they think their drill changed and evolved at the rate and the way that most modern drill does?

Well, Marc Sylvester is no slouch, but of course it wasn't as all over the place as drill is now.

1987 wasn't straight lines and piston-rotor, though. :P

Just saying the concept has at least been tried before, and that with careful staging...it could be done again.

Probably a moot point, though...I'm thinking that if anything in the uni changes, it will be more red; it hasn't gotten any love as an "official" Phantom color. Haven't seen it prevalent in the unis since the 80's.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

personally, i really liked their most recent unis. lol, i've been heard to say that the only helmet i'd EVER wear on a field would be a Phantom Regiment helmet

but, the black was pretty frickin sweet, too

Edited by Gbassman5

They could just be getting new white uniforms... :D

This would be my guess, as well.

hmm.... i think they should bring back the deep blue arm (or was it purple? indigo perhaps? Indigo is the only color in the rainbow that never gets any love... so lets say it was indigo)

the khaki made them look like they were on a safari, or french, if that makes sense.

Keep the white. Please keep the white.

Im just glad theyre not gonna get cesario unis

Cesarios cuts are generally copied by uniform companies like Stanbury... The difference is in the materials used. Look in a Stanbury Catalog, and you will find similar designs, and some more dated designs.

First off...I dont ever recall a point where the corps has been "$500,000" in debt. It was announced in 2000 after audition camp that the corps was in fact, $300,000 in debt. The organization has pulled a complete 180 since then and has been working off those debts, and doing a great job to my knowledge.

Uniforms, drums, and brass instruments are all sponsored items, where they are paying next to nothing, if anything. Being a top 3 corps, there is a very good chance they are getting the equipment for cheap just for the company's exposure.

The king tubas from 03 had horrible pitch tendencies, they do need neew tubas. I'm sure king has been working on this since the introduction of the first 4 valve king in 2003. Phantom was their test subject for this new line of horns (and what a great partnership that was for the two entities) and most likely continues to be one of the main test groups for the finished product.

As for uniforms - Cesario designed the concept for the Khaki unis. I'm pretty sure he's not affiliated with Stansbury, but I havn't really checked into it. My money would be on black...or some combination of a darker uniform. Flat out - Black makes you look cleaner. Period. At least from a Visual Ensemble point of view. As for on the field, pant color doesn't really effect much. White is a much easier color to pick up against a green field (or brown if you're in orlando) and you can see more flaws. I loved the white, and always will. but i'm still betting black.

B

Edited by PhantomMullet

Your favorite Phantom uniform wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with the CAPE would it? b**bs

I love the 1983 uniform. Coming onto the field at finals in 83, they took 8 steps, brought the cape up to their face and continued marchinge forward, creating the most intense moment of that evening!!!!!!!!

CAPES!!!!!

edna_200.jpg

NO CAPES!!!!

^0^