2. 1993 Star of Indiana

3. 1995 Madison Scouts

4. 1999 Santa Clara Vanguard

5. 1986 Blue Devils

6. 1988 Suncoast Sound

7. 2004 Santa Clara Vanguard

8. 1996 Phantom Regiment

9. 1992 Velvet Knights

10. 1982 Blue Devils (so surprised there is so little love for this show in this thread)

Huh ?? your opinion of course, right ?? The reason people voted for it and it won was because it was simply dazzling, beat a great PR show, totally championship worthy, and oh yeah..by the way you want historicaly significant ?? 98.8.....thats an unarguable fact, totally siginificant and it made history.

~G~

Yes, of course it is all my opinion. I thought that was understood?

Plus the fact I saw both the 88 and 89 shows multiple times.

The 98.8 is not overly significant as there were only 6 judges that year.

At finals judges tend to push the caption winners within .1 or .2 of the top of the sheet.

I was frankly surprised their score was not higher.

As far as votes, I think this survey will be alot more illuminating.

Should be interesting to see how it comes out.

Yes, of course it is all my opinion. I thought that was understood?

Plus the fact I saw both the 88 and 89 shows multiple times.

The 98.8 is not overly significant as there were only 6 judges that year.

At finals judges tend to push the caption winners within .1 or .2 of the top of the sheet.

I was frankly surprised their score was not higher.

1 judge, 6 judges, or 20 judges, it was the accepted form of judging by all and to dismiss the 98.8, the history making score is to also dismiss the great feat of the Phantom Regiment getting a 98.4 for second place. Anyway you slice it, 1989 SCV was of a greater historical significance than 1988 SCV, they won the coveted title and achieved it with the highest score (then) of all time...a score that stood for thirteen years, pretty significant. You disagree, thats fine, can you tell me why 88 SCV should hold a more significant place in history over 89 SCV ??

~G~

I'm going to do the unthinkable, and bash my own show...Regiment 03 probably shouldn't be on this list. Thanks so much for the support, but am I alone in thinking that it is a bit much? Maybe it's because it was so recent, but I do not belive we were on the same level as PR 89, PR 96, SCV 99, BD 94, BD 86, Spririt 80, Cadets 97, Star 91, 27th 80, PR 1978...not to offend anyone or their opinnions, but was it really one of the top 10 shows EVER?

I'm thrilled that everyone enjoyed the show so much, lord knows we put enough blood, sweat, and tears into it. Maybe if this were a modern corps debate, but this is suppossed to encompas every show ever performed.

1 judge, 6 judges, or 20 judges, it was the accepted form of judging by all and to dismiss the 98.8, the history making score is to also dismiss the great feat of the Phantom Regiment getting a 98.4 for second place. Anyway you slice it, 1989 SCV was of a greater historical significance than 1988 SCV, they won the coveted title and achieved it with the highest score (then) of all time...a score that stood for thirteen years, pretty significant. You disagree, thats fine, can you tell me why 88 SCV should hold a more significant place in history over 89 SCV ??

~G~

98.8 is great, but a high score in and of itself should not make a show significant.

88 is not especially significant either, just a better show in my opinion (and most of the people I knows opinion.

significant to me requires a bit more, first asymetric drill, or the 83 cadets and the z pull

or the 87 cadets and the non-stop show

or 85 scv and the pants, or Star 93 as they pushed the limits. something that made it stand out in a historical way. simply winning isn't enough.

I was on staff at regiment in 96 when they won their first title in a first ever tie for first and I don't consider that show historically significant. just a good show that happened to win.

Conner, in order for your votes to count, you have to post 10 of them as the instructions say.

Thanks to everyone who is participating. I'll tally the votes tomorrow, or as soon as the majority of the regular posters here have voted.

So far 9 people have voted for SCV 89 and 7 for SCV 88. Of course by mentioning these numbers or bringing this debate up we've already polarized people and perhaps unduly influenced their decision on which corps to include and which not to.

Besides, I think the Classic Countdown already demonstrated which show has more mass appeal.