2007 DCI in Pasadena

So it is official, 2007 DCI in The Rose Bowl. To me it doesn't seem like the best choice but what do you think?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a great drum corps venue. The stadium is cavernous and spreads too much horizontally instead of vertically. It will just swallow the sound and not be great for drill pattern appreciation either.

I watched the Rose Bowl game a month ago in HDTV. I must admit I didn't like the stadium for a drum corps event, especially finals.

But..... :blink:

Will I go? Of course, I would go if it was at that darn beach. b**bs

Bottom line, people will go to the Rose Bowl in 2007, but I still feel the west coast has a few better stadium options!! :(

Alhough there are probably a few better stadiums on the West Coast (perhaps in San Diego and the Pacific North), I am excited about finals in Pasadena in 2007.

The Rose Bowl is what it is...a huge football stadium. But the Los Angeles area provides DCI fans with plenty of airports, hotels, parking, things to do, good corporate money to help underwrite the show (like Disney, AJ Wright, etc.), and nice weather. We will finally have a west coast finals, so there is much to be excited about.

With all the whining that goes on here at DCP (because you know how everything has to be perfect for drum corps fans), I find it odd that in the last few years DCI has had tremendous financial success and they are bringing finals to the west coast only 3 years after being in Denver, and yet people are complaining. It's never good enough for so many of our fans. You can't change anything. It has to be perfect drum and bugle corps, or it's not "drum and bugle" corps. All the right traditions must be retained, and only the perfect stadiums can be used. Frankly, it hasn't been true drum and bugle corps for over 25 years, and to be quite honest I am not looking for a return to the "good ol' days."

I have been going to live shows since 1979, and I have loved every moment of it. I love the old and the new, but I really do like where we are today. So this stadium in Pasadena is not the best, but finals will be on the west coast, in a big, lovely city, with tons to do, great weather, and some great drum and bugle corps. Take it for what it is and enjoy the moment.

Happiness in life is not about having everything you want, but learning how to enjoy what is given.

To serve, and to be served.

Jonathan Willis

Since it will be the site of the return of the Anaheim Kingsmen, I love the place!! :)

To all the "boo birds" out there...

blah blah blah. Get over it already. FINALS WILL BE IN CALIFREAKINFORNIA!!!

My first finals since 1985. I'll most definitely be there. Wow. I get to see a finished show in August!

nobody's gettin their panties in a bunch here, people are just saying that there are better venues on the west coast, which i would tend to agree with having performed in a few of the west coast venues during TOC. i think its awesome to have finals on the west coast though, rock on.

To all the "boo birds" out there...

blah blah blah. Get over it already. FINALS WILL BE IN CALIFREAKINFORNIA!!!

My first finals since 1985. I'll most definitely be there. Wow. I get to see a finished show in August!

Yes it will be on the west coast, which is overdue! I'm happy about that. The Rose Bowl is too big,it will diminish finals...

I really hope that the avatar bit with the cat attacking the child was not staged? If it was, it is bordering on child abuse!......

Regardless how you feel about the Rose Bowl

WEST IS BEST!!!

It's about friggin' time. In fact it is 10 years over due if you ask me. I predict the largest DCI crowds ever!

In fact, I would buy tickets right now on the 50 if DCI would put a link up to buy them.

Edited by taters