What would you like to change?

Okay, so leaving amplification out of the discussion, since I know that'd be the first answer from a lot of DCPers ... what would be the first thing you'd change if tomorrow you were made the Emperor of DCI (or Empress, as the case may be) and what you say is the final word?

P.S. Keep it civil. This is just for laughs. :blink:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I second full retreats for every show.

I would scrap useless "emoting". Though we even did it in my day, displaying any emotion outside of military bearing is a completely foreign element of drum and bugle corps--it also makes people, feel...well...weird.

I'm sure many people would like to argue this point and I can see why they like it, but it just doesn't fit drum corps. Concert band? Yes. Drum Corps? No.

The format of finals week back to the way it used to be. I liked the 2001 format. Wednesday night div II/III finals AND OPENING CEREMONIES, where all corps are on the field and play America O' Canada together. Then obviously div I Quarters, Semis and Finals on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. I forgot, was I&E on tuesday or wednesday? and div II/III prelims was Monday from what I remember. I liked that format. There would be a large audience for div II/III finals (or rather larger) because pewople would be there for opening ceremonies as well.

I second full retreats for every show.

I like retreat..... and as a spectator, it was one of the things that drew me to the activity.

after marching, I gained a new respect for retreat. It's ok.... but, it's kind of a pain (in all aspects).

I think I'd rather see the normal retreat schedule back, but not require it at every show. Those nights of DM only were fantastic little breaks. It made the night end before midnight!