What would you like to change?

That's why I said "A cumpulsory round, kind of like figure skating used to have, where corps members must demonstrate marching and playing fundamentals."

Read the whole thing, ######! :P

Ah, sorry Lance. I've had a busy day. I actually do like the idea because, as Steph said, that technique would show up on the field.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every time a guard person drops....give them a .5 subtraction. Amazingly they tend to score the recovery time more than the actual drop in the first place.

Soundboard operation only by members....

Here's a fun one: You can only have 20 seconds of narration/singing/whistling at a time and a full three minutes must go by before you can narrae or whatever again. Pit can be amped the whole show if you so desire.......

Here's my wishlist:

1 -- Full Retreat at every show (or at least at the weekend/bigger shows if there has to be compromise)

2 -- Return to the previous II/III format - with the grand finals on Wednesday Night, along with Div I opening ceremonies - that was always one of the best nights of the year.

3 -- A little less emphasis on GE & Visual (not GE Visual -- both the 2 GE captions & Visual components of the overall score)

Harvey

1) Create the "anything goes" division. Woodwinds, electronics, pianos, whatever. Make those units who choose to be in it perform first at every show, since after all it's still DCI, not BOA. Make their Finals Friday evening. Give them their own governing body, separate from DCI proper.

2) For all the brass and percussion units left, a big ol' restructuring of the governing body. All drum corps that are left (big or small, II, III or whatever) get an equal vote. Separate voting "Houses" for I and II/III on issues that only affect their own respective divisions...but on overarching rules proposals, everyone thats a junior drum corps gets a vote...from the Blue Saints to the Blue Devils.

3) Establish a DCI "Legacy Corps" that performs at different places around the country....some DCI shows....some DCA shows, some old fashioned "town square" shows...in order to promote the activity. Red, white and blue uniforms to promote the patriotic and military aspects that drum corps came from, and medleys of past drum corps hits for the reps.

4) Open the vaults to Tom Blair and company, and first have a vote for a "Best of The Rest" type DVD, with the top vote getters from 13-21/13-25 over the years. Use that to gauge interest in a 13-21 "Through the Years" DVD collection.

5) More DCI and DCA shows together; with the eventual goal of uniting the two under the same banner as a national drum corps organization for all ages. Using that to increase awareness of DCA, the professionalism of the video product, CD's, and so on. Really try to make it less "us vs them" in regards to the product.

6) Create a true "rotating" list for Finals: every four years it cycles through the country (East/West/North/South) although it will not necessarily go back to the same venue every four years (example: Boston/San Diego/Madison/Charlotte).

Make sure that II/III gets equal face time, whether through II/III champion exhibitions at Finals, or restructuring the II/III Finals week format entirely, up to getting rid of one Division I corps on the ESPN/PBS/The Ocho broadcast to show a smaller champion corps.

That's enough for now. :)

BRING ON THE G's!

~>conner

Actually, you're right, I was definitely a fan of the top 5 div II corps going on to compete in quarterfinals.....that would put an end to the what-if stuff as far as how good the top div II/III corps are.