More from the Hopkins blog...

No that is YOUR INTERPRETATION of what he said. My God, you don't even realize how ridiculously unfair you're being about this. He never said I HAVE TO WIN. Or even I HAVE TO USE THEM TO WIN. Never.

He did say something like "What - and compete with one arm tied behind our back?", in response to a remark about his voting against amps yet using them immediately upon ratification. While I realize that doesn't equate to a statement about what is required to take first place in DCI Division I, it certainly sends a clear enough message about there being a link between use of the equipment and enhanced competitive success.

By the way, the thread in which this famed quote took place is gone (permanently, from what I understand). Don't count on DCP for archiving anything.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, the thread in which this famed quote took place is gone (permanently, from what I understand). Don't count on DCP for archiving anything.

That's unfortunate if it's true, though we always have Mr. Fiedler himself as a source, when he's gracious enough to visit DCP. Though I'm starting to wonder what the point is anymore. When we freeze isolated comments in stone and don't allow for fluid thought, retrospection, and thoughtful discussion, the main purpose of DCP as a community of discussion is lost.

When we freeze isolated comments in stone and don't allow for fluid thought, retrospection, and thoughtful discussion, the main purpose of DCP as a community of discussion is lost.

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about a couple of recent DCI Rules Congress sessions.... :blush:

I know what you mean. I feel the same way about a couple of recent DCI Rules Congress sessions.... :blush:

:spit:

You are correct, you do have a fan, his name is Jeff Ream!

he appreciates your input, and i am glad you ignroed the rest of my post it speaks volumes.

have a nice day

Many. How many times have you heard a band kid say they were attracted by the EXCELLENCE of how well performed everything was, and they viewed it and were eager to be a part of it as an extention of what they were ALREADY DOING in their marching band?? I've heard it many times. Maybe you haven't.

Actually, I'm reminded of a quote from the Inside the Blue Devils 1996 video, something to the effect of, "for drum corps, take a marching band, get rid of the instruments that you couldn't hear anyways..." :)

Mike