Females To Make The Snare Line

Also Tio, i think is her name, that played with Magic 2006 and SW last year. She had some attitude as well. Fit in very well with the boys.

DA

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if this has been mentioned but I know the center snare for SCV has been a girl since 06', I don't know if she aged out this year or not but I saw her on the line again....She was very intimidating because she duts like nobody i've ever heard. It sounds so monotone (which is perfect IMO), I'm not a fan of dutting but she sure takes/took the cake.

Boston Crusaders had a girl this year (not 100% sure if she was the section leader) but she played tenors (which is just as technical) and playing bass drums aren't a breeze either.

Edited by PhantomPhan1989

Here's the SCV snare "step-in with attitude" move from the Cedarburg standstill.

l_c8d3881edaa4398809bee85bd60914b4.jpg

I met her a couple of years ago - I want to say '04 (?) in Allentown. Very nice, polite and serious about her craft.

That's Catarina, she didn't march until 2205 where she stayed until 2007 when she became center snare her age-out year. There was also a girl named Torey who marched SCV in 2003. I don't know if she marched 02 but she started the season out in 2003. Unfortunately she broke her ankle during tour and had to sit out for the rest of the season. I don't know about a female tenor player in the early 2000's though.

Here's the SCV snare "step-in with attitude" move from the Cedarburg standstill.

l_c8d3881edaa4398809bee85bd60914b4.jpg

I met her a couple of years ago - I want to say '04 (?) in Allentown. Very nice, polite and serious about her craft.

One of the nicest people I have ever met....and kicks that...you know...as well!

Also, one of the most gracious women I have had the pleasure to meet, Kelly...'82 BD, far end of the line.

kelly.jpg

Way back in 1980, the center snare for the Schaumburg Guardsmen was a lady by the name of Cindy Inden. You can ask anyone that marched with her-no one was more respected than Cindy. Incredible talent.

My friend Anna Keck marched with the Mandarins snareline from 03 to 07, where she was center in 06 and 07. In addition, A gal from Japan, Mayako Oda, marched the snareline from 05 to 07, and this past year, a gal by the name of Jackie Moreno marched end snare. I marched next to a gal in the tenor line this past year, her name is Taylor Haugland.

The highlight of my year was to see Mary Gromko Murray at DCI and Gisele Cadieux at DCA this year! !!!! I met Mary in '81and Gisele in '82 at finals retreat and it has been SO long! They both have beautiful families, I might add, still have chops and look great!! They were reunions that I will never forget and quite unexpected! I need to remind myself how to upload pictures and share them on this website...NOT a computer person! Thx, Mike for your kind words...!

The highlight of my year was to see Mary Gromko Murray at DCI

I tortured Mary back in the day when she marched in 27th's snare line and we wore kilts. I applaude Mary for the crap she put with from us boys.

John

Edited by john2780