Phantom Regiment

weak? you call that weak? why, just bc its not a traditional ending? what did you find weak about it... esp in 93...

It just seemed kind of rushed... There was no real build into it and it just came out of nowhere (the ending, that is). I don't know, just my personal opinion. I love the rest of both of those shows, though.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It just seemed kind of rushed... There was no real build into it and it just came out of nowhere (the ending, that is). I don't know, just my personal opinion. I love the rest of both of those shows, though.

eh... i can understand your point of view... i just like it bc it was loud as fcuk!

eh... i can understand your point of view... i just like it bc it was loud as fcuk!

94 was the year we (the baritone/euph line) got the nickname "Buicks" (not 89). During one of the pre-show warmups, Bill Peterson (the caption head at the time) was having us play the begining of White Witch Doctor. I guess he thought we were being a little too nice with it and gave us the analogy that, if the sopranos were the Porches of the corps, then the baritones had to be the Buicks-- we took it as a complement, of course. (severely paraphrased there-- it's been a while...) The name immediately stuck. Shortly thereafter, he termed the three, long baritone notes before the Witch Doctor drum break as the Buick mating call. It got to be a hype, playing the mating call "loud as ****" before the shows. (you'd practically needed a cup standing in front of that arc...)

1996-1997

or

2003-2004

or

2004-2005

This is hard!

Shane

:blink:

78-79 or 88-89

It took me a long time to become a fan of PR. But it didn't take me long to appreciate what they do,

these shows just happen to be my faves.

:blink:

Pat

Edited by goalieguy

My favorite part of the show is still Clair De Lune. We played that for half the season without a conductor, if I remember correctly.

Likewise. One of the most well-performed ballads of all time in my opinion, as far as setting up a "moment" and truly selling it. I was certainly convinced....the reverance in the performance was incredible. And I wasn't even there to experience it with the moon and all. :)

Without a conductor? Why?

Edited by Jared_mello

'93-'94 :)

Edited by MadMan99