Voice Coach Needed for Cadets

Byron

Most music education majors and teachers know how to teach more then one thing...

While I don't necessarilly agree with your opinion regarding having the same staff for the vocalist and hornline, I get what you mean. As an instrumentalist, I alwaysalwaysalways portray my playing as though I am singing through my clarinet. While people might say that there's different staff for colorguard, percussion, etc.; brass and voice both have a lot of middle ground. I'm pretty sure all battery people know SOMETHING about front ensemble instruments & auxiliary, I'm pretty sure all colorguard staff know SOMETHING regarding every piece of equipment, etc.

... To be honest, I just want them to have someone great so that they max it out as much as possible.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate amplified vocals as much as most people posting in here, but..."cheating?" That's ridiculous.

LOL - so how will they be paid ?? I guess more fundraising...or higher ticket prices ? Vocal coach needed to work on a members vocal skills, not brass, percussion, or marching skills.

No marching block today, we are going to learn our scales !!! LOL

Cheating ?? no, pathetic ? yup..not drum corps ? you bet.

Pissy, badgering, silly, all of the above.

~G~

Most music education majors and teachers know how to teach more then one thing...

my two cents as a music education major...

yes, we do know how to teach more than one thing. i've taken brass, woodwiind, percussion, strings, and vocal techniques classes.

HOWEVER

i will never be as comfortable teaching woodwinds, percussion, strings, or voice as i am teaching brass. if down the road i was on a brass staff and approached and asked to be a vocal coach for a top caliber drum corps, i would turn them down because i know i'm not the most qualified person out there.

yes, i "sing" into my euphonium, and i conduct like i play my euphonium....but it doesn't mean i'm as proficient at teaching voice as i am teaching euphonium or low brass.