Poll: Best Shows to Not win a DCI Title

Best Non-Championship shows from 2000 to present  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Which show from 2000 to present was the best corps to NOT win a DCI Championship?

• 2000 BD
    • 2001 Cadets
    • 2001 BD
    • 2002 BD
    • 2003 Cadets
    • 2003 Cavaliers
    • 2004 Blue Devils
    • 2004 SCV
    • 2005 Cavaliers
    • 2005 Phantom Regiment
    • Other

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I really do think Spin Cycle is the clear choice here . . . The design is incredible, and the demands put on the performers were pretty harrowing. I say it's nothing short of a masterpiece.

Blue Devils 04 is also a wonderful program. I loved it.

And while I enjoy the show quite a bit, I really think the judges got it right with Phantom 05 at 3rd place.

I'm stunned that people mention PR 03 as a "contender that didn't win"....

Brass champions yeah sure maybe they got the shaft....but Gold Medal?...not even in the ballpark!

I love Phantom's '03 show, but their brass was awfully rough to be a contender even for brass. I compare that show to their '93 show or a show like Madison '95...not close to good enough to win, but still incredibly enjoyable.

Edited by LanceSquire

I'm stunned that people mention PR 03 as a "contender that didn't win"....

Brass champions yeah sure maybe they got the shaft....but Gold Medal?...not even in the ballpark!

I agree... the same for Phantom 05.

Both shows are good, but nowhere near good enough to win.

::shrugs::

~>conner

If we're talking about design here, Cavaliers 03 without question. The demands put on the performers was absolutely rediculous. I'd honestly put SCV 2000 as next on the list for show design.

If we're talking execution, SCV 2004 without a doubt. I honestly thought they were THE best corps at Semis that year, though I don't disagree with the Cavaliers winning or BD in 2nd at finals one bit.

I voted for 2004 Blue Devils because they are clearly the best corps that didn't win. They were amazing that year. In fact, I'm not sure if I could name a year when they were better. Just goes to prove winning doesn't mean you're good, it just means you're better than everyone else that year.

However, the best show from a design standpoint that didn't win is clearly the 2003 Cavaliers. This show was much hated at the time. Largely because of the "Anyone, but the Cavaliers" mentality, but it's nice to see most of you coming around and seeing that show for what it is, a great show that can easily be argued as the most difficult of all time. (In fact, I'm not really sure what else would be in the same catagory as this show, difficulty wise.)