Your first Drum Corps Video?

Two questions (just for fun to see where everyone started).

1) What was the first DCI Drum Corps video/DVD you ever owned?

2) Did you see that video/DVD before or after your first time seeing a DCI drum corps show live?

Here is my response...

1) 1980 Full finals.

2) Before seeing a drum corps show live.

(I'm going to start the same thread on the DCA forum so keep it just DCI on this one).

Edited by torn8o

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1995 Phantom Regiment, because it was my marching band's show my freshman year in high school.

Before.

1) First one was 1993 Finals.

2) That was BEFORE seeing a live show...

1) 2000 Cavaliers

2) Whichever corps were at the 2002 Orlando show. I'm wanting to say Teal, Crown, Magic, BD, and Cavies.

Teal Sound, Kiwanis, Magic, Spirit, Crown, Cadets, BD, Cavies. Clinic was by BD. Twas my first show too. :)

First exposure:

Band camp 1992. During "Music Appreciation" class, they showed us the 1991 Top 5. 1991 Blue Devils was the first drum corps I ever saw. I was floored watching it...couldn't believe the precision, but strangely, I didn't think about it again aftewards.

Fast forward to fall 1993. Two guys at my high school just finished marching with the Quad City Knights, and they had taped the live broadcast. Even though I had seen the 1991 championships, I had forgotten completely about it all until they loaned me the 1993 tape. I was instantly hooked and wanted to march. I bought the 1994 videos when they became available, and eventually auditioned for and received a spot in a top-six corps, my rookie year being 1995. I had still not seen drum corps live at that point, and only been exposed to 1993 & 1994.

M