Brace yourselves...

After hearing the voice clip I know I'll be heading to the exit before the Cadets hit the field. I thoguht it was awful and does not belong in drumcorps. <**>

Then again drumcorps died a few years ago.

*sings* Trollin', trollin', trollin' *sings*

:feednotroll:

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After hearing the voice clip I know I'll be heading to the exit before the Cadets hit the field. I thoguht it was awful and does not belong in drumcorps. <**>

if it died a few years ago, then what are you still doing here?

feeding off a dead carcus?... vulture.

OK, so this piece is not armageddon. Relative to some of the "stuff" that's already been put out amplified, it's actually pretty. It seems to need ensemble harmony which could be done acoustically.

My true hope is that this show isn't "propified" with doors and schoolgirls and other junk that lack the dignity that is drum corps. This does appear to regain some amount of decorum for the Cadets.

I wish all DCP trolls had the balz to post their pictures and bios. Only 2 post. wimp.

haha...just wow

::shrugs::

dont really care anymore. I know it's going to have vocals... I'm just gonna have to give it a fair chance, and enjoy it, or stomach my way through it.

I dont agree with "hotdog corps" one bit. if a corps works that hard to get there, then the least the audience can do is at least give them a shot, or just not go to the show at all.

that's my opinion. It gets hearing the same old stuff about amps, and how people sit out during the Cadets, or any other corps for that matter. If you hate it that much, then stop posting. You're wasting bandwidth, and more importantly, my time.

~>conner

overall, not bad.... a couple things that i'm bugged by....

the inconsistency of syllables....or rather, it sounds sometimes like she's saying a word, but she's not. if it's just going to be "ooh, aah" or whatnot, then i find the "s" and other consonants to be pretty distracting

the "gospel" - y, strained sound near the end of the clip. don't belt it! she's got a nice voice, let the mixing board do it's job to balance the dynamics.

and, something i KNOW will be fixed by the debut final performance, but overall balance. egad, my eardrums! i wanna hear the hornline, too -- i'd like it best if she were just used as an additional voice, not the overpowering soloist. right now it's more like the hornline is a backup, facing backfield, something like that.

overall, though, i'm very interested to see what this show ends up as

I don't like the concept of voice in drum corps, but if we have to have it, this is a good example of how it would add another dimension to the music. I will be open minded.... I certainly like the sound.

<nomex suit>

I have no intention of listening to it.

Amped Vocals have NO PLACE in Drum Corps.

If you like it, that's fine, and you're entitled to your opinion. However, I do not like it, I will NEVER like it, and I hope DCI comes to their senses and gets rid of the rule.

*edit for clarification, I liked BAC's 00 vocals*

</nomex suit>

Edited by MikeM