• Blue Devils 05

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

same awnser in the other one

BD 05 had some sweet parts but the narration just drives me crazy

Enjoyed Cadets 02 show a lot. Didn't think it was nearly as cheesy as many other shows I've seen over the years.

BD 05 is the cheesiest show in a long time to me personally. While the narration drove me crazy, it wasn't the only part of the show I didn' like. I didn't like the guard uniforms, that the featured dancers down front weren't with their correct partners, no music that made you want to dance, that sounded like the "Charleston," "big band music," or anything from 1927. They just didn't interpret a dance marathon correctly at all.

I'd vote BD. The concept just didn't work for me at all. I liked the Cadets' show much more, but hated the "cheese." However, I have to add that I believe the BD cheese was intended, because of the subject of the show. Conversely, I was left feeling the Cadets' cheese was merely a desperate attempt for GE points.

Off the original subject -- IMO, and I don't intend to be mean spirited, neither show comes close to tipping the cheese factor scale as much as BAC's 2002 show. This show is the ultimate "cheese show" to which all others should be compared.

Edited by jcn8

I don't know if "cheesy" applies, but Cadets '02 always did feel exploitative, especially being announced on the heels of 9/11. Some of the decisions by the design team that year didn't help thing, such as adding firefighter outfits in the middle of the season. I always thought that was too bad, because there was some really good stuff there, but it was hard to take the show seriously as a whole.

As for BD '05, I don't know that cheesy really applies to that show either. Certainly the show wasn't to the liking of some fans, but that's true of every show. Could it have been better programmed? Sure, but that's not necessarily the same as cheesy. I don't know, I guess I associate cheesy with hokey, and only a few shows have earned that label for me.

Off the original subject -- IMO, and I don't intend to be mean spirited, neither show comes close to tipping the cheese factor scale as much as BAC's 2002 show. This show is the ultimate "cheese show" to which all others should be compared.

I was thinking the same thing.

The Pledge of Allegiance was my biggest beef with Cadets '02. That was just pathetic (And I'm a big Cadets fan in general), but it was just too much! Also, if I remember their show correctly, wasn't the pledge (as they delivered it) anachronistic? I thought the show was set in the '40s, but wasn't the "under God" bit added to the pledge in the '50s?

Anyway, that's why I found the Cadets 2002 show to be the Cheesiest. As a matter of fact, I really never even watch that show on my DVDs, nor have I listened to it.

BD 05 was cheesier in my opinion......The narration was the clincher for me.

In Cadets 02 I don't think there was a lot of cheese. Yes the guard was maybe a little too excited, but thats the way swing was and still is. I think the pledge did make it a little gimmicky....but thats another topic.