DCPI - Live Season -- Brainstorming Thread

Yes to all but the 0.2 points rule; I've yet to make up my mind on that one.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm actually going to abstain from the .2 rule. There has never been a real way to enforce that rule, or keep up with who really has had X amount of shows. Keeping it the way we have now, is probably just fine... It allows everyone to be on the same page as far as when to make caption changes or corrections. And this way, Steve and Jeff can check e-mails once or twice, having it all. With the previous version, you were never sure when your changes would be seen or put forth.

Yes on all except the .2 rule. Need to understand that one better and exactly how it works.

Also I definitely agree on the Music Percussion caption. Should be one score for most shows and averaged score for the biggies.

.2 per show rule:

For each show you competed in, you got .2 toward your bonus points. So every 5 shows, you would get a bonus point to play with (when choosing your captions). In order to use these bonus points, you would have to have completed the appropriate amount of shows for that amount. So lets just say we started with 140 points, you would HAVE to have had 5 shows before you could use that 1 point bonus. Sometimes they will let you get the bonus if your 5th show happens when you want to use the bonus point.

5 shows = 1 point bonus

10 shows = 1 point bonus for a total of 2 points

15 shows = 1 point bonus for a total of 3 points

20 shows = 1 point bonus for a total of 4 points

25 shows = 1 point bonus for a total of 5 points

Meaning, you can only earn up to 5 points total in bonus points.

June 1 - Show = .2

June 2 - No Show

June 3 - Show = .2

June 4 - Show = .2

June 5 - No Show

June 6 - Show = .2

June 7 - Show = .2

June 8 - Show (You will have had to request the bonus point /change of captions before this show) = 1 extra point can be used here, plus you pick up .2 for for your next bonus point.

June 9 - Show = .2

June 10 - No Show

June 11 - Show = .2

June 12 - Show = .2 (if you know you are performing tomorrow, you can probably ask, and they will let you go ahead and use that bonus point for the next show)

June 13 - Show = .2 (you now have 1 extra bonus point for a total of 142 points to play with)

....etc...etc...

You cant just schedule your corps for 35 shows and get bonus points for them, I think you were only allowed to earn up to 5 (similar to this season). This means, you had to schedule your corps tour a little bit better. If you wanted to max out your bonus points earlier, then you would obviously book more shows... If you wanted it to be like now, then you would space them out... In a way, I like the .2, but I also like having it how it is now, where everyone changes and gets the bonus at the same time.

On the other hand, its not like that in real corps... We all rehearse differently, we all get better at different rates, and that to me, is what the .2 represented... each corps different styles, schedule, etc... meaning you never knew when someone was going to change captions.

Some want this to be, if you dont use your bonus points when you get them, you lose it. So if you earn it on June 13 and you dont use it, you just dont get it, and you are short that point throughout the season, which means you have that many less points when it comes to the end. The same thing for championships, you get a bonus point for each round you move up, if you dont use it, you lose it.

I hope that explains it to where you can understand it.

5 corps - Yes only if they are more director. If every director put out 3 corps there would literally be like 20 total corps. So if we can get more directors yes, if not, NO.

.2 per show - No, it's easier for directors like me with a tight schedule to just go by a deadline

2/3 - Yes

Percussion - Yes

yes to all, except .2

although, I would like to ask something...

can we make the adjustment from 5 corps to 6-- 2 corps per division?

just a thought.

~>conner

I'd prefer a max of 5 myself; I'm planning on running a regional div 1 corps next season.

And on that note, I propose the creation of a "regional division 1" status. Any corps wishing to move up from D2 or D3 to div 1 must spend 1 season as a regional division 1, to ensure that they will be ready for the rigors and demands of full D1 touring. To that end, regional D1's will start with 125 caption points, and may do no more than 22 shows per season.

I'd prefer a max of 5 myself; I'm planning on running a regional div 1 corps next season.

And on that note, I propose the creation of a "regional division 1" status. Any corps wishing to move up from D2 or D3 to div 1 must spend 1 season as a regional division 1, to ensure that they will be ready for the rigors and demands of full D1 touring. To that end, regional D1's will start with 125 caption points, and may do no more than 22 shows per season.

I understand tring to be realistic, but that's one of the realistic things that is just gay in the fantasy world. In real life, regional div 1 was created for financial reasons. In the fantasy world we don't use money. Now if you were talking about adding a super division above div 1 for the top 6 then that'll be different.

How that'll work.

top 6 from the season before will compete in a Super Division using the same amount of points as DIV 1. That'll give the other div 1 corps a chance to honestly beat the corps in the super division for a spot for the next season.

Corps in the super division will compete as a division 1 during the season except at special shows and finals week. Kinda like DIV 2/3 top 5 from div 1 finals have the option to advance to super division finals.

I think this will work.

And agreed with Conner 6 corps per director could work just as well. But It would be even better if it was 3 corps per director with more directors.. It'll be ALOT more fun.

Edited by MelloHorn13

I understand tring to be realistic, but that's one of the realistic things that is just gay in the fantasy world.

"Gay" in what way? :grrr: