DCPI - Live Season -- Brainstorming Thread

I emailed him about a month ago, but he may have changed his plans.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember if it was either Matt or Shannon that was getting with Mike Boo to get an article written about DCP-I for DCI.org. I gave them an article about how DCP-I came into existance. I don't know what happened.

I actually was a columnist for DCI.org for the past two seasons, forward me what you have, and any other directors can do the same. I will write something up, run it by all the directors here, and then run it by Mike Boo, and Dave (DCI webmaster). Just information about the league, extra goodies that we directors do (i.e. corps names, MIDI files of shows, show concepts, picking uniforms, etc...) Anything you can write to me, that will make the column great! I've talked with Mike Boo and he is willing to do this.

I also have a few high school band directors who are interested in joining. These guys are very good with their stats!

I can't remember if it was either Matt or Shannon that was getting with Mike Boo to get an article written about DCP-I for DCI.org. I gave them an article about how DCP-I came into existance. I don't know what happened.

I talked to Mike a while ago about that; he said that his column schedule for February was full, but that he would run it in April or May, to coinicide with the live season.

If it ever involves writing, it wouldn't be me. I can hardly spell my name correctly! :P

A suggestion for resolving ties on finals night:

Each director involved in the tie throws out all but 3 of their captions; they may keep 1 GE, 1 Music and 1 Visual caption, but the rest must go. They then draft a new slate of captions and may not re-use any of the captions they discarded.

Thoughts?