DCPI - Live Season -- Brainstorming Thread

A suggestion for resolving ties on finals night:

Each director involved in the tie throws out all but 3 of their captions; they may keep 1 GE, 1 Music and 1 Visual caption, but the rest must go. They then draft a new slate of captions and may not re-use any of the captions they discarded.

Thoughts?

No, as it is now, some people barely have time to submit captions as it is. And then having to go back to the drawing board to draft a new slate is just more work than it needs to be. In the event of a tie, I say the corps who has had the highest average ranking throughout the season, should be crowned the higher placement. Something along those lines. Besides, whos to say that everyone will be present at semi-finals to make the draft of new captions (should this be).

Or average the focus show scores, to come up with something...

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A suggestion for resolving ties on finals night:

Each director involved in the tie throws out all but 3 of their captions; they may keep 1 GE, 1 Music and 1 Visual caption, but the rest must go. They then draft a new slate of captions and may not re-use any of the captions they discarded.

Thoughts?

confusing.

So you keep one caption from GE, VISUAL and Music.

Are we counted both percussion captions as one?

And do you still use 145 points or however many points for your division

I just wonder if Jeff is running FDCI. If not, maybe he can send out an email to past directors (in his database) about DCP-I. It would make it much easier than mining that information from FDCI ourselves. :rock:

FYI. I sent an e-mail out to about 15 FDCI directors that I knew were very active over past seasons of FDCI. Included the link to our forum here.

I think we should just have co-champions.

How about some old-school DCI?

Meaning that the corps performs the show for a second time.

The scores that are generated from captions are carried on for the next day, as though Finals were Semis and the bus ride home were Finals.

For Instance:

Finals:

Tie Breaker (If Captions were to continue their trend):

Idea: Eliminate preliminary performance for Division I. Championships week is already hectic enough, there really only needs to be 3 rounds, I think it drags the season out to have 4 rounds. As we have seen this season and in others, scores are often delayed (hey, it happens), this would cut down on some of the issues. Division II/III only has 3 rounds, so I think we need to be full circle with every Division if this is the case. I personally like just having quarter finals, semi finals, and finals. If you really want to generate a round for scores, generate finals or something.

Idea: No longer allow Division II/III corps to compete in Division I prelims (or if the above passes--quarterfinals). Each Division has their own championships for a reason. If a director wanted his or her own corps to compete in Division I, they should have signed up for it when the season began in the first place. I see no one opted for the moving up to compete this season, but this is for future seasons.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's something that can go into effect after the live season.

Top 25 corps that advance to DIV 1 Quarterfinals from Prelims (or 2/3 semis) will attomatically be Div 1 for the next season.

Any DIV 1 corps that goes inactive for more than 2 years, have to compete in Div 1 upon return.

Top 5 corps at Div 1 Finals will advance to the Super Division. They'll compete as DIV 1 corps but will particiapte in special shows during the season. They will have to host one div 1 show and onw div 2/3 show during the season.

Fell free to add more. It makes a little realistic and more fun.