The next step for amps and singing, GUITARS!

Cmon, I did that to be sarcastic. Please don't take it seriously. If I took everone on this site seriously, I would pull out the rest of my hair. I think there are changes that people love, but some of those changes sacrifice things that people love also. Being an old school rudimental drummer who still plays, it appals me to hear the Cadets "drumspeak". I know they did it, but I would imagine that they fought it. And with such a good drumline too. "Why sing it, if we can play it clean?" But that's the trend. The NBA doesn't play defense, and has forgotten the fundamentals, (traveling, palming, see Bronxe medal in the Olympics), but the team that won, did it with fundamentals, defense and sharing the ball, (like the Olympic Champs). Wouldn't work in this arena. The trend will probablly be followed. Actually, my favorite show was Phantoms. you could understand it, and it was very, very entertaining.

So, I hope that people got a laugh out of this, and didn't take it seriously. Isn't part of this site to be able to vent. It's not about slamming the kids, (yes,I grew up in the hot sun too, with the drum strapped on, and I still practice today, but with the drum on a stand), but the people who push the buttons need to know what we think.

Sorry if I offended you Jeff. Usually we agree on things.

OK, I'm off my soapbox.

:) ^0^

i wasn't offended, hence the :P

and thank you for being the first person in this forum in a while to actually care about my thoughts and feelings. it's nice to be loved :P

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no, that is George Dixon.

I am fully human...or, as my younger brother says, I am ######## from top to bottom :P

The Aerosmith Drum, Guitar, Synthesizer & Glockenspiel Corps.

Sorry, that should read SENIOR Corps....ROFL.:-)

Seriously, if drum corps starts to look like the halftime show of the Superbowl I will kill myself. I love drum corps that much.

No no no! You guys have it all wrong. THIS is the direction drum corps needs to take...

Spinal%20Tap.jpg

spinaltap-36821.jpg

All joking aside..... I really do believe that adding acoustic guitars and bass guitars to a corps' front ensemble would add a nice bit of tone color to the available pallet that writers have. I know that DCI is not WGI, but those additions in the WGI front ensembles have some wonderful effects.

OK let the thrashing begin

No no no! You guys have it all wrong. THIS is the direction drum corps needs to take...

Spinal%20Tap.jpg

spinaltap-36821.jpg

"Rock the Casbah":

Well, why not? It wouldn't all that much worse than what DCI is serving up in 2006.....

Elphaba

How about we just through all that CRAP out the friggin' window !!! B)

Welcome back Rob. You've been pretty quiet with the anti-amp sentiment ever since Dutch Boy had amplified voice last year.