Hop's Ideas Re-examined...

I really like and agree with a lot of what he says.

But, there is one thing that I am in TOTAL disagreement on.

<**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

So I suppose we should have no more wind ensembles then?

Again...

<**> <**> <**> <**> <**>

OK, I guess I did sort of repeat myself. Oh well.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IMO drum corps is a subset of marching band, while concert band is not a subset of orchestra....or vice versa.

My eyes are indeed open...I might suggest you do the same to yours, if I were going to make a personal attack on you, but I won't, 'cause I'm not.

Just 'cause you set up everything with IMO doesnt mean its valid and free from debate. Fact is, your opinion is not correct, even though you are entitled to it. If my opinion is the earth is flat, would it be valid ?? Sorry Mike, you always, for years want to take your opinions, with the IMO, in front of them and present them as fact or try to persuade others they are correct assumptions or statements. They are not. Your opinions are yours, and you are entitled to them, and can express them, but it also tells us about ones characther and experiences and knowledge by deciding which opinions you are adamant about not budging on.

It is in my opinion that you will agree or disagree on anything you need to to make woodwinds, electronics, and/or bands a valid, needed next step in the development of drum corps.

Good day !

~G~

Just 'cause you set up everything with IMO doesnt mean its valid and free from debate. Fact is, your opinion is not correct, even though you are entitled to it. If my opinion is the earth is flat, would it be valid ?? Sorry Mike, you always, for years want to take your opinions, with the IMO, in front of them and present them as fact or try to persuade others they are correct assumptions or statements. They are not. Your opinions are yours, and you are entitled to them, and can express them, but it also tells us about ones characther and experiences and knowledge by deciding which opinions you are adamant about not budging on.

It is in my opinion that you will agree or disagree on anything you need to to make woodwinds, electronics, and/or bands a valid, needed next step in the development of drum corps.

Good day !

~G~

Kind of like earlier today when he said something along the lines of "I do not believe that the majority of drum corps fans will stop following drum corps with the addition of woodwonds, IMO". I later felt like (but didn't - now I will) reply back to him and say that "statistical figures" (which is what the context was about in regards to people dropping support) is NOT A MATTER OF OPINION! Statistics are a matter of mathmatical facts. Thus, his opinion on that statistic is completely worthless as is ANYONE'S (including myself) opinion on any statistical/mathmatical fugure. MikeD, there is a time when "opinions" are worth something. Then there are other times where they arn't worth a hill of beans. In the case of "statistics", opinions are not even worth one bean.

(had to get that off my chest and GMichael just happened to give me the opportunity).

Edited by torn8o

it's like many have said here....woodwinds is the final straw. as the current songfest from American Idol infiltrates DCI and irritiates more people (who Mike says there arent any of), adding woodwinds will be a huge mistake.

yet, i see it happening. it kills me to say that, but i see him getting it passed.

it's like many have said here....woodwinds is the final straw. as the current songfest from American Idol infiltrates DCI and irritiates more people (who Mike says there arent any of), adding woodwinds will be a huge mistake.

yet, i see it happening. it kills me to say that, but i see him getting it passed.

i always wondered what happens then

do many corps just move to DCA or is it the end of Junior corps as we know it

It will be many, many years before things like that take place.

First, electronics have to pass...and as I said in the other thread...a synth that can play a reed part effectively lops off the woodwind argument at the knees.

No one will want to pass woodwinds ...which would equal more members, more gas, more money, more pads to replace (woodwinds cant take the abuse, period, really...), and so on...after they see 2 or 3 synths can do the job and last the season.

I don't think the current marchers in DCI will ever see woodwinds in their lifetime, to be honest. The only way it could happen is if drum corps moved indoors and into domes only as more of a theater/entertainment route.

...and that ain't happening.

i always wondered what happens then

do many corps just move to DCA or is it the end of Junior corps as we know it

junior corps will become drum band international or some such. the uniqueness of drum corps will no longer be a part of DCI at that point

junior corps will become drum band international or some such. the uniqueness of drum corps will no longer be a part of DCI at that point

that day part of me dies

a big part of me

Edited by bd euph some day

and for many of us. but we're not the fans they want.

Just 'cause you set up everything with IMO doesnt mean its valid and free from debate. Fact is, your opinion is not correct, even though you are entitled to it. If my opinion is the earth is flat, would it be valid....

~G~

You can prove the earth is not flat. It's not subject to opinion. You can't prove that BD 2005 sucked, or that G is better than Bb, or that drum corps should or should not have woodwinds. All you can do is opine.

Go ahead and try to prove wrong any claim Mike makes that includes "IMO". I guarantee you'll illustrate my point by giving your own opinion--nothing more, and nothing less.

Just part of what happens when people discuss things. IMO. :P

Edited by LanceSquire