DCA Show Sponsers...

It's gonna be different having these shows in August..As a general rule, we always used to clamor for a way to get some performances between DeKalb and DCA. Let's just hope it ain't 100 degrees in the shade like last year.

Right, J.C.? :P

Pat

Right Pat. Last year it was so hot that the Kilties competed in the afternoon St. Peter show without our battle jackets. We lost the battle jackets and plaids and donned our black member t-shirts with the rest of the uniform. It looked pretty good and helped a little, but it was still HOT! :blink:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And I am VERY excited about that show. It's a great location and helps connect the Northeast with the Southern corps.

Accourding to the hate mail I received last year,,,,there is no disconnection between the Notheast corps and the Southern Corps.We are all just one big happy family.

Its all in your head :blink:

...I believe that August 19 St. Peter, MN is sponsored by the St. Peter Governaires, and August 20 Hastings, MN is sponsored by MN Brass.

I believe that this is true, too. And I'm as excited as #### for this particular weekend of shows. I'll march a show on my birthday then party it up at the Midwestern Drum & Bugle Corps Mecca... Patrick's on 3rd in St. Peter! How can you go wrong?

Right Pat. Last year it was so hot that the Kilties competed in the afternoon St. Peter show without our battle jackets. We lost the battle jackets and plaids and donned our black member t-shirts with the rest of the uniform. It looked pretty good and helped a little, but it was still HOT! :unsure:

There's an easy solution to that. March in a corps with short sleeved uniforms. :P

I believe that this is true, too. And I'm as excited as #### for this particular weekend of shows. I'll march a show on my birthday then party it up at the Midwestern Drum & Bugle Corps Mecca... Patrick's on 3rd in St. Peter! How can you go wrong?

There's an easy solution to that. March in a corps with short sleeved uniforms. :P

...........I think no pants is the furthest we go. :unsure:

So basically, these shows are sponsered by DCA...is that correct?

no the sponsor is whoever is running the show in conunction with DCA who provides the adjudication.

Accourding to the hate mail I received last year,,,,there is no disconnection between the Notheast corps and the Southern Corps.We are all just one big happy family.

Its all in your head :unsure:

from a trvael standpoint, it is a nice connection. close enough to both areas to get corps from both, and far enough to make for a fun bus ride

What happened to East Stroudsburg? Am I out of the Blousemen Loop? :(

What do I do with all this "G"? Donny, ....help me out here...

Actually East Stroudsburg is almost 3 hours away from Bloss/Mansfield.