In 2025, what will they think...?

I understood it. I'm saying I hope it will change, though. No disrespect intended :)

No disrespect even taken, didn't realize you "got" it. B)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Scotty" could 'beam' corps on and off the field with the transporter, thereby saving lots of time in a contest.

A 20-man snare line comes to the front sideline, plays a screamin hard solo...error free. Then, fades to black...Oh, they were a holographic projection! WOW!

Weapons are tossing 8's and 10's...perfectly synchronized...and NO DROPS! b**bs

perhaps an entire corps of clones so all the marchers look and move exactly the same way?

It certainly would make sizing the uniforms a breeze!

Story from DCW which gets streamed to subscribers data port located in the back of their head <$1 to Johnny Mneumonic I think>.

"Split in DCI BoD on Clone Age Out Rule"

Biggest battle of the year in the BoD concerns when the clones should be "Aged Out". Some feel the clones 22nd birthday should be the same as the 22nd B-day of the person the original cells came from. Yet others feel that the clones 22nd birthday should be 22 years AFTER the cloning occurred. Proponents of the "original person" concept suffered a setback when they reaized there was a loophole in their proposal. The proposal was withdrawn because it did not cover when the person who was cloned passed away. IOW that person would never reach their 22nd birthday.

Yeah, spent too many years watching SciFi movies and reading Marvel comics "alternate universes" issues.

The old phartes will be saying : "THAT AIN'T DRUM CORPS!!!"

Well except for MikeD :P :P

:spit: :wub::wub:

Sorry Mike, but that's funny!!

That's my age speaking Carl....

When I joined in 1974, people who marched earlier were griping about the changes made in the 70s. Fast forward 30 years and olde phartes (including me with some things) are griping about todays changes. (And people grumbled, griped and B-worded the 30 years in between.) Kinda doubt human nature will change that much in 20 years. :P

Hope folks who have been around for a while got the "in joke", but I should have explained for the younger set.

And I remembered a little more about that comic book. Might have been a Don(?) Draper product. Somewhere I saw a picture drawing of the author and the front of the comic is in the background. Oh yeah, the riot occurred when a (non-emotional) Android corps beat an All Star (emotional) human corps. In the story, folks forgot about emotional shows until they heard one again and they just wigged out.

Name of the human corps was "ManCorps".... Yeah, I remember that and forgot my work badge this morning. :(

I remember that......it was serialized in Drum Corps News (Man I still miss DCN! :( )

If I rememer correctly, didn't that appear about the same time as all the controversy over two-valve horns making Drum Corps look too much like marching bands? (seriously....for the younger folks, if you think the arguments over Bflat/amps/singing etc.. are bad, you should have been arond for that one! :sshh: ) Just goes to show, everyone is always going to think his/her era was the best. :)

(but arguing is still fun! :P )

I remember that......it was serialized in Drum Corps News (Man I still miss DCN! :( )

If I rememer correctly, didn't that appear about the same time as all the controversy over two-valve horns making Drum Corps look too much like marching bands? (seriously....for the younger folks, if you think the arguments over Bflat/amps/singing etc.. are bad, you should have been arond for that one! :sshh: ) Just goes to show, everyone is always going to think his/her era was the best. :)

(but arguing is still fun! :P )

Not sure when it was serialized but saw the complete comic when my bus buddy bought it. That should have been between 1977-1979.

Miss DCN too, have an old guitar case with a "Ask Me I Read Drum Corps News" sticker on it. Think the sticker was a freebie for renewing. If I ever sell the guitar the case will have a hole 'cause I'm keeping the sticker.

You know, the way things go... they'll probably be playing tunes from the 2000's and calling them classics. They'll add a new thing or two and people will just be raving about it. Then of course, some corps will have to beat that and pull out stuff from the 90's ..... :worthy: