In 2025, what will they think...?

The old phartes will be saying : "THAT AIN'T DRUM CORPS!!!"

Well except for MikeD :P :P

Let's hope not :sshh:

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

b**bs Drum Corps CLAY-MATION....with, "Oh no, it's Mr. George!!! And Sluggo!!" Corps that 'don't do well', get run over by a steam-roller ! :P

The year 2025 is less than 20 years from now, Here's what I think will happen in the nex 20 years.

European and Asian corps will be more competitive. I think an overseas corps will make finals.

Colorguards will become acrobatic.

Drum Corps will become alot more regional because of gas prices.

Texas, tired of exporting their talented band members, Will start a successful DrumCorps.

16 of the next 20 DCI titles will be split between The Cadets, Cavaliers and Blue Devils. (SCV, Phantom and Blue Coats winning the 4.)

No amped brass.

A Drum Corps will introduce a concert harp into their show. ( mark my word)

DrumCorps will be on major network TV.

What will people think in 2025 about Drum Corps of 2006?

Wow! Finals tickets were only $125 that's inexpensive!

Edited by boxingfred

I know, I'll go back and throw in some :P s.......

Back in the late 1970s either DCN or DCW came up with a few ideas of corps future. It was a comic book (honest) with some really wild stories in it. Wish I would have bought a copy.

All I can remember is....

Corps hiring professional performers. And then trading them like MLB and the NFL.... I'll give you two bass drummers for a lead sop.

No judges, computerized radar systems check for drill errors (written during the tic era)

The professional marchers were fired and replaced with androids.

This led to unemotional shows and a riot when <can't remember full story>.......

I swear that I remember reading a short novel about drum corps in the 21st century that involved flying corps members (3-D drill) and other futuristic developments. There's no hope to find it again as it had somehow found its way into my high school library back then (1980) and has surely been "weeded" out since then. It was the only thing I could find in the library catalogue about drum corps. It was a paperback I think. Of course I can't remember anything that would help me find it again like the title, author or publisher. :P It was published previous to 1980 anyway.

Has anyone else come across something like that?

(edit for spelling)

Edited by ambassadorhorn

Let's hope not :sshh:

That's my age speaking Carl....

When I joined in 1974, people who marched earlier were griping about the changes made in the 70s. Fast forward 30 years and olde phartes (including me with some things) are griping about todays changes. (And people grumbled, griped and B-worded the 30 years in between.) Kinda doubt human nature will change that much in 20 years. :P

Hope folks who have been around for a while got the "in joke", but I should have explained for the younger set.

And I remembered a little more about that comic book. Might have been a Don(?) Draper product. Somewhere I saw a picture drawing of the author and the front of the comic is in the background. Oh yeah, the riot occurred when a (non-emotional) Android corps beat an All Star (emotional) human corps. In the story, folks forgot about emotional shows until they heard one again and they just wigged out.

Name of the human corps was "ManCorps".... Yeah, I remember that and forgot my work badge this morning. :(

Texas, tired of exporting their talented band members, Will start a successful DrumCorps

I'm on it, I'm on it!

DrumCorps will be on major network TV.

I dream of that happening someday. Turn on ESPN and see a Regional Championship. What I think would top that is a Drum Corps channel. Not even that just a Marching Art Channel.

That actually would probally be cleaner though. I dont think robots can screw up. I think it would be entertaning to watch but I wouldnt want that to take over any Drum Corps league.

That's my age speaking Carl....

When I joined in 1974, people who marched earlier were griping about the changes made in the 70s. Fast forward 30 years and olde phartes (including me with some things) are griping about todays changes. (And people grumbled, griped and B-worded the 30 years in between.) Kinda doubt human nature will change that much in 20 years. :P

Hope folks who have been around for a while got the "in joke", but I should have explained for the younger set.

I understood it. I'm saying I hope it will change, though. No disrespect intended :)