In 2025, what will they think...?

b**bs b**bs b**bs MikeD-You're WAY too funnyMan... b**bs b**bs b**bs

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

perhaps an entire corps of clones so all the marchers look and move exactly the same way?

It certainly would make sizing the uniforms a breeze!

A few ideas that come to mind:

1) Drum corps becomes so big business it now treated on the same level as a major league sport. There will now be drafts, membership is a full-time career, members are paid big bucks (unless you got drafted in the drum corps minor leagues (D2/3/4/5). All uniforms will have sponcers on them.

OR

2) All corps would be 3D holographs (ala Star Trek holodecks), thus there would be no need for real participants, just university graduates that know how to program they supercomputers that will be available.

Edited by sburstall

2 things will happen.

1) Regiment plays Death Hunt again and they try to recreate a chainsaw-esque sound with their euph line.

2) We'll all be speaking of at least one corps saying things like, "Remember them back in (insert year), they were so good. I wish they could get their financial act together and come back."-or something like this-"Those (insert corps name) rocked, I wish they were still around.

Thanks to gas prices and other factors many smaller, much loved corps will unfortunately not be able to deal with the financial crush and fold. (Please don't bash me too hard, only being honest!)

Edited by InHiFiStereo

This may be a bit off topic, but the funny thing is, as much as we often whine about changes in the activity, drum corps has not changed much at all since the late 80s/early 90s from a percussion performance standpoint. It's easy to tell the difference in sound from late 70s/early 80s drumline sound, but after 88 or so, I can't tell the difference in terms of sound.

xelanosa- Can you say,"Kevlar?" Also, tenors that are cranked down SO hard, they are on the verge of achieving 'critical mass.' Also, much better pit ensembles IMO. B)

xelanosa- Can you say,"Kevlar?" Also, tenors that are cranked down SO hard, they are on the verge of achieving 'critical mass.' Also, much better pit ensembles IMO. B)

In a reaction to the old days of cranked down head...tenors will be cranked so loose and low the heads will be dragging on the field. :P

All uniforms will have sponcers on them.

I wouldnt like to see them look like those European Hockey and Soccer teams with Siemens on every one.

MikeD- If those tenor heads dragged THAT low...they would be confused with our old BUTTS! b**bs