Paetec Park - Rochester

The wife and I took a drive to the old neighborhood last night just to check out Paetec Park and have dinner at Roncone's. The park looks awesome. It is going to be perfect for DCA Championships, believe me.

Roncone's is a little hole in the wall Italian Restaurant on the corner of Lyell & Parkway, directly behind the closed end of the stadium. They were there when I was a kid growing up in the 50's and they are still there. I never knew how much I missed going there until I tasted the Shrimp and Clams Diavlo. I was in heaven. The wife had the shells an meatballs. As soon as she tasted her dinner she said, we are bringing the family here during DCA. Prices are very inexpensive, Shells & Meatballs $5.95. More than you can eat. The only thing I miss is the Veltri's Bread. Veltri's was right behind Roncone's on Parkway and they made their bread in an old brick oven. Roncone's always started you off with a basket of that wonderful fresh baked bread. Veltri's is gone now so they serve Pontillo's Bread, still good, but not Veltri's.

At the open end of the stadium at the corner of Oak and Smith Streets is Rocky's which is another hole in the wall Italian Restaurant. Again, the food is made the old fashion way with a bunch of old Italian women in the kitchen making sauce and wonderful pasta dishes.

Make sure you plan to have a lunch or dinner at Roncone's or Rocky's white you are here, believe me you will be glad you did.

BTW, we went down Massith Street on the way home. Your house still looks the same Donny. b**bs

Edited by bariforhire

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Roncone's is a little hole in the wall Italian Restaurant on the corner of Lyell & Parkway, directly behind the closed end of the stadium. They were there when I was a kid growing up in the 50's and they are still there. I never knew how much I missed going there until I tasted the Shrimp and Clams Diavlo. I was in heaven. The wife had the shells an meatballs. As soon as she tasted her dinner she said, we are bringing the family here during DCA. Prices are very inexpensive, Shells & Meatballs $5.95. More than you can eat. The only thing I miss is the Veltri's Bread. Veltri's was right behind Roncone's on Parkway and they made their bread in an old brick oven. Roncone's always started you off with a basket of that wonderful fresh baked bread. Veltri's is gone now so they serve Pontillo's Bread, still good, but not Veltri's.

At the open end of the stadium at the corner of Oak and Smith Streets is Rocky's which is another hole in the wall Italian Restaurant. Again, the food is made the old fashion way with a bunch of old Italian women in the kitchen making sauce and wonderful pasta dishes.

Your house still looks the same Donny. b**bs

I believe Roncone's is the restaurant I was trying to recall earlier. Thanks. I can drive there, but didn't remember the name. Lyell I remember. If Parkway deadends a couple blocks west at a field where I recall practicing, and Roncone's is on the SW corner, then Bingo!

The wife and I took a drive to the old neighborhood last night just to check out Paetec Park and have dinner at Roncone's. The park looks awesome. It is going to be perfect for DCA Championships, believe me.

Make sure you plan to have a lunch or dinner at Roncone's or Rocky's white you are here, believe me you will be glad you did.

BTW, we went down Massith Street on the way home. Your house still looks the same Donny. b**bs

i take this is the Italian section of town? best places for italian food in any city

i take this is the Italian section of town? best places for italian food in any city

I just was watching the DCA championships for the last few years. I think the best thing about Paetec park is that there will be no base paths in the video LOL......... I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!! Here comes the Caballeros to Rochester in September. We are looking forward to the opportunity to perform on a pristine canvas......

Mike Ryan

Cabs 1975-2006

Cozy...

I think you are talking about Al's Stand. They have the best steak sandwiches and sausage sandwiches et al...with a special type of hot sauce, that is way different than Nick Tahou's which of course is a 'must visit' to anybody NOT from Rochester.

And Benny is again correct...Roncone's and Rocky's are BOTH outstanding. Rocky's is known for the tripe.

Zwiegle's hot dogs are NO JOKE!!!.

Donny

Cozy...

I think you are talking about Al's Stand. They have the best steak sandwiches and sausage sandwiches et al...with a special type of hot sauce, that is way different than Nick Tahou's which of course is a 'must visit' to anybody NOT from Rochester.

And Benny is again correct...Roncone's and Rocky's are BOTH outstanding. Rocky's is known for the tripe.

Zwiegle's hot dogs are NO JOKE!!!.

Donny

Donny, Benny, et al., Thanks!

Sausage sammich. Al's Stand...Roncone's...Rocky's...Zwiegle's -- Me repeat mantra. Bingo!

I still can't find no dugout at PAETEC.

Donny, Benny, et al., Thanks!

Sausage sammich. Al's Stand...Roncone's...Rocky's...Zwiegle's -- Me repeat mantra. Bingo!

I still can't find no dugout at PAETEC.

:whistle:

Cozy! Stop it man, you're making me hungry..Keep this up, and I'll have to hook up with you in Ra-cha-cha, and bring Flush, er..Flash along to find these vittles, and to slam a few Genny Cream Ales between shows.. :P

If you can't find a dugout, we'll make one..

Pat

Cozy! Stop it man, you're making me hungry..Keep this up, and I'll have to hook up with you in Ra-cha-cha, and bring Flush, er..Flash along to find these vittles, and to slam a few Genny Cream Ales between shows.. :P

If you can't find a dugout, we'll make one..

Pat

Pat MBI,

Let's all meet at the Stadium Club after the Alumni Spectacular...What, no Stadium Club? I have to be totally reprogrammed for Ra-cha-cha. Knowing me, I might end up a half-mile from PAETEC on the open plains of Frontier Stadium between the front sideline and the seats.

Pat MBI,

Let's all meet at the Stadium Club after the Alumni Spectacular...What, no Stadium Club? I have to be totally reprogrammed for Ra-cha-cha. Knowing me, I might end up a half-mile from PAETEC on the open plains of Frontier Stadium between the front sideline and the seats.

If I recall, they had a pretty good food setup at Frontier, so I'll be up for that!

They had a bunch of really good concession stands there..Maybe the stuff at Paetec will be as good..

It might be weird if the RedWings get into the playoffs like the Red Barons used to do in Scranton..Ah, but it IS the Twinkies farm club. At least no cutouts this year..YAY!! :P

Call Flash, he'll know where everything is, as long as they don't have a Rock Bottom in town,

he or Chaffee will know where to go.

Pat

Knowing me, I might end up a half-mile from PAETEC on the open plains of Frontier Stadium between the front sideline and the seats.

well there's certainly enough room over at Frontier in that space for you and maybe your closest 1500 friends or so :whistle: