Paetec Park - Rochester

BTW, nobody in Rochester drinks Genny Cream Ale, we call it "Green Death". Labatts Blue is the beer of choice around these parts, with Yeuglings coming on fast. :tic:

:tic:

OK, but if you call it "Green Death", you better try the REAL 'Green Death'..As many of the conniseuers(sp) in the heartland may remember, Heileman's made the notorious big brother to Old Style..Special Export.. Up until the mid 80's, and until they started the Ice beer fad, Export was the strongest beer brewed in America, not including malt liquor. When most of us started drinking it, they measured it at about 6%.. it moved down to about 5.2%, and at last report it was 4.8...most national brands are about 3.8%..Hence the nickname Green Death, as Genny Cream, it came in green bottles and cans. Labatt's is some good stuff, but unless you bootleg the good stuff south of the border, it's still not as strong as the Canadian versions..I started slugging Blue while I was in the Army..Used to swap beer at the dragstrip in Seattle..Canadian guys brought Blue and Molsons, we brought Olympia, Rainier, and Heidelberg...and sometimes San Miguel (from the Phillippines)

Gotta love that Yeungling, man..Good Stuff!!!! :P :P

Pat

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We call Genny Cream Ale... "Green Death" because, after a night of drinking it, the next day you have the DT's so bad you wish you were dead.

We call Genny Cream Ale... "Green Death" because, after a night of drinking it, the next day you have the DT's so bad you wish you were dead.

That's pretty serious. DT's suggest; "night after night after night after night... etc ...of drinking it."

Genny is refered to as Rochester River Water

However, if you're into Yuengling, may I suggest the Lord Chesterfield Ale.

Black and tan is my favorite, but their all good

m_black_tan.jpg

LOL... we used to call it the "Sunday New York Times" beer..... for reasons that may, or may not, be obvious. :P

Fran

However, if you're into Yuengling, may I suggest the Lord Chesterfield Ale.

A good, crisp American ale, for sure.... reminds me of of the original Ballentine Ale.

And here's a tip of the hat to the Yuengling Porter. :mmm:

Fran

Fran likes Natty Bo, i wouldn't call him a connesuir :P

Fran likes Natty Bo, i wouldn't call him a connesuir :P

Now be nice...I've never had a Natty Boh!

Barbara calls me a "beer snob".... craft brews/microbrews and imports only.

Since I don't drink the stuff by the gallon anymore...LOL..... it's the taste that's important now. :P

Fran