Best Guard Uniforms ever

77 Boston rifle were fantastic uniforms

From the more modern set - I really tend to love uniforms that fit the show theme to a tee - add another dimension. Examples would include Cadets 1992 blue fighter pilot unis with the hoods and goggles at the beginning, Star 93 simple black unitards, or even more recently Regiments' 2005 were very effective utilizing the flapper look and the headgear in the closers were over the top.

All time? Got to go with Boston 77

THANK YOU

I also think Lancerfi looks great in that Photo

My favorites are the first BD black jumpsuits, I heard the girls cried when they saw them because they thought they looked like scuba suits, but they became iconic. I also loved the first edition of SCV with the red vests and long green skirts.

My problem with weapons isn't philosophical, I just think that sabres are pretty useless visually. In indoor I love them but when you're fifty yards away they seem pointless. Reminds me of when Cadets used those white clarinets (86?)

Sabre's don't show up well at a distance but I still like them.

Rifles and sabres both show up better outside if the guard is wearing something colorful or dark. White costumes and white weapons really are a bad combination outside. The intricut hand work is completely lost.

77 Boston rifle were fantastic uniforms

From the more modern set - I really tend to love uniforms that fit the show theme to a tee - add another dimension. Examples would include Cadets 1992 blue fighter pilot unis with the hoods and goggles at the beginning, Star 93 simple black unitards, or even more recently Regiments' 2005 were very effective utilizing the flapper look and the headgear in the closers were over the top.

All time? Got to go with Boston 77

I really liked that show. The guard costumes really added to this show in a major way. It was also an awesome guard.

I like the unis from Phantom 2003 and Cavaliers 2000 - in my opinion, both were simple, not overstated, and accented the show.

They are uniform throughout the ensemble for the most part...therefore, they can be considered uniforms. They aren't "costumes" simply because guard is more oriented towards dance now. I suppose it is easier to call the '70's and '80's attire "uniforms," because they more closely resembled the uniform of the corps, but I don't think that the seperation between the uniforms of the guard and corps proper causes them to become "costumes."

Not really worth discussing though, because I'm pretty sure you're going to stick with your beliefs on this one, and I'm going to do the same with my own opinions. It's basically insignificant and a matter of perspective, anyway. Therefore, moot point, I suppose.

Sorry Jared, cannot aggree with you at all. A uniform is a uniform no matter what the theme of the show is. It is worn year after year, with cosmetic updates to keep it fresh and as up to date as possible. A costume is closely associated to the theme of a show, and is different every year based on that theme. A uniform is just what it is, it makes everyone uniform and look as one. Today the colorguard based on its marching style (or more appropriately the lack of it), and its look is visually completely disassociated from the corps. It looks like a completely different group.

Well technically a uniform is just something that a group wears that is "uniform" hence the name. It really has nothing to do with how many years one wears it. The only requirement is that there is an understandable level of consistancy. Look at the flight deck crews on aircraft carriers. They wear different color vests to denote their job. But its a consistant system, hence, it's a uniform.