$$$Help Save Drum Corps$$$

Before this goes any farther.

Donate to your favorite corps,as I do.

Sponsor a member,if you can.

Kick in for gas or what ever.

Sew some uni,flags

Cook some meals,drive a bus.

Don't bother asking about accountabilty on any bodies part you'll only get blasted for it.

Just give.

peace in our time

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GOOGLE

Here is my challenge to you, the drum corps planet community, skip two days at Starbucks and take that $10.00 and write a check to your favorite drum corps and drop it in the mail.

One step Further Skip Starucks for 1 week each month from now till after finals, and send that money.

One step Further Skip Starucks for 1 week each month from now till after finals, and send that money.

Even further....forget Starbucks. Over-rated and overpriced.

Bill

aka "Squeeze the nickel 'til the buffalo s...s (dumps)"

You have every right to know and be confident that your donation is used wisely by your chosen charity (be it The United Way or The Pioneer Drum and Bugle Corps and Color Guard)..

Stopped giving anything to United Way when they started their war on the Boy Scouts. Despite the fact BSA has the same views on gays in positions of leadership as the Catholic Church , who the UW does give money to.

Sorry for the diversion.

Edited by dans24103

Hey, if you can't donate $$$, donate some time to a corps. ANY corps, any division. That's my biggest contribution. My wife and I even got to help make a video about volunteering (she's the one in the beginning in the blue sweatshirt, I'm the guy in the green shirt and glasses). Click HERE to see the video.

You may say that you don't need props to entertain, but personally I get really bored watching the same thing over and over. Maybe it's not what entertains you, but overall its what sells tickets.

Well, that is your opinion, and what is it based on anyway ?? And no, its not what draws me to a show, and quite frankly according to sales based on whats done now compared to back "in the day" I would hope to do something to improve those ticket sales.

35,000 + certainly didnt mind watching the "same thing over and over" in 1981...how many thousands mind watching prop infested shows now ? A Madison Scouts rifle line (And flag line, thank you) needed no props or gimmics to get em on their feet or fill the stands. And I would bet that its the music and the skill of the performers that sells tickets, not the door, or the wigs, or the rest of the things used to coverup and mask true talent and excitement.

~G~

I will donate my time and money to drum corps even though they use:

Big dumb doors

Stupid big butterfly wings

Silly may poles

Big ulgy oversized paint brushes

Umbrelas

guard station boxes

singing members

dancing Carmens

Schoolgirls

beat poets

balloons

sharks!

parachutes

Lions, tigers and bears

guys yelling "YOWZA"

Amps

Big fabric covered boxes

naration

ladders

etc...

I think this year will really test drum corps. Not only the corps, but the fans who drive to the shows. Give if your able.

totally :OT:

but, my physical therapy place has the quote in your signature on their office door.

:rolleyes: