2006 DCP-I Schedule

Nope, he wasn't. :P

I'd say that the tourbook is ~80% done. It can be viewed at http://www.freewebs.com/dcpitour. You'll notice that the Midwest corps get a nice new venue right off the "bat"! B)

Edited by Galen

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say that the tourbook is ~80% done. It can be viewed at http://www.freewebs.com/dcpitour. You'll notice that the Midwest corps get a nice new venue right off the "bat"! B)

Well... some problems... The Menagerie home show is in Huntsville on July 31st (Our home town) and not the Oxford/Jacksonville show that is an hour and 45 minuets away.

Oh... Mystré still doesn't have a home show. Enigma can have the homeshow on June 23 in St George.Mystré will have their show at Sam Boyd in Las Vegas on July 22nd. Unfortunetly, we will no longer get to go to Europe.

So...

Menagerie... July 31st in Huntsville

Mystré - July 22nd in Las Vegas

Enigma - June 23 in St George, Utah

Emerald Regime has pulled out of Europe touring as well. The schedule just does not allow us to make the shows needed to have a sufficient "tour" in Europe at that point. And with some of the shows I want to do, the Europe tour would not yield me close to my bonus points needed to make things happen, when I would have gotten back on US grounds.

Perhaps next year.

Maybe next year, each corps who does have a home show, should be able to pick when they want that show to be and where... And from that, the header of the schedule and tour events, can somehow construct around that.

Perhaps next year.

Maybe next year, each corps who does have a home show, should be able to pick when they want that show to be and where... And from that, the header of the schedule and tour events, can somehow construct around that.

I think that's a good idea. For next season, we should designate a specific date during the offseason for directors to submit venue requests for homeshows; get it in by that date and you're guaranteed a spot on the calendar. That would work better than the "unofficial" thread that we had going this time around.

Shannon, I'll adjust the calendar to get Mystre's HS in when I get home.

Also, due to ER and Mystre both pulling out of Europe, Kosmos will be re-examining their tour schedule for this upcoming season.

You should be slapped for that one, Briddel. :P

The directors should also be able to say, when they want that show...

Since the schedule wouldnt be made by then, they should be able to say:

Mystré Home Show - Las Vegas, NV - Mid Season

Kosmos Home Show - Indianapolis, IN - Early Season

Tri-Color Home Show - Seattle, WA - Late Season

This gives the constructor of the schedule, an idea of where in the season the director wants his/her show, and will allow the directors to plan their season around that too! If you pick "Mid Season" or etc... and you get a date, just go with that date, since you picked the General time in the season for the show. That will take some of the weight off the scheduler.

You know what...

Mystré should have our home show in Madison. We have owned finals the past two seasons. :P

Ha. I really enjoy the sense of humbleness that seems to hang around here.

"And the Spirit of Disney Award goes to..."

Edited by nawsum526

It'll be more fun when we turn the tables. B)

"And the Spirit of Disney Award goes to..."

Well I enjoy the sense of humor in here. I for one would never think Mystré would get the Spirit of Disney Award. That goes to the 4th place corps. ^0^ :P ^0^ :P